• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Cave Spiders a bit too OP

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Ok, so when I was mining in Warshard, I came upon an abandoned mineshaft. Since these usually contain troves of treasures, I went and started searching it. Later, I found a cave spider spawner as you usually do in abandoned mineshafts, and there were a couple cave spiders in there. One of them saw me and began to attack, I backed up and started hitting it with my iron hoe
(does 30 damage as caster) I also was casting fireball. I hit it at least 3 times with fireball and hit it quite a few times with my hoe, yet it was still alive. they also dealt 2 and a half hearts of damage when i had around 450 health everytime they hit me. I am suggesting nerfing the cave spiders a bit because they spawn in groups anyways, and their health and damage is really high.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
I think the reasoning behind this is that Mineshafts are full of treasures, so they put a hard mob in there to make you work for it.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Come on.... they don't even have poison any more!!! The cave spider did 2 1/2 hearts which is 5/20 hitpoints. 450 / 20 = 20. 20x5 = 100, the cave spider did 100 damage to you, when you are specced that will do barely anything (also armor will help and most likely reduce its damage by a lot)

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Come on.... they don't even have poison any more!!! The cave spider did 2 1/2 hearts which is 5/20 hitpoints. 450 / 20 = 20. 20x5 = 100, the cave spider did 100 damage to you, when you are specced that will do barely anything (also armor will help and most likely reduce its damage by a lot)
I thought they did do poison again. If they don't I'm fine with that, but if they are they really need to be weaker than full-size spiders.

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
I thought they did do poison again. If they don't I'm fine with that, but if they are they really need to be weaker than full-size spiders.
At the mini-event, cave spiders never did poison damage to me, so I'm 70% sure they don't.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Hmm, I was mining in an abandoned mineshaft, broke a block leading to an adjacent shaft, and a cave spider got through and I died within seconds. Then again, I was only a level 7 something rogue, nonetheless I had almost no chance to kill it.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Recently tested, cave spiders dont seem to poison any more.

Buff cave spiders with poison please. Can nerf something else about them if you must.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Cave Spiders with poison that can be antidoted but less base damage would be nice.
In most cases when it comes to Cave Spider spawners, best way to go about it just to either mine in groups or make sure you don't take them on unless you're a high spec. They hurt, and they keep spawning until you're lucky enough to get past and destroy the spawner, which can take some time if you're unspecc'd.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Recently tested, cave spiders dont seem to poison any more.

Buff cave spiders with poison please. Can nerf something else about them if you must.
We havent adjusted cave spiders or their ability to poison. (It may be a side effect of Bukkit updating)