• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Catalyst v1 - A New Strategic PvP Game

Nadastorm

Legacy Supporter 1
Although this game is multiplayer, it was made in single player and I didn't know where else to post it in the forums.
Catalyst

l4rXU.jpg

Catalyst is a new strategic Minecraft two-team PvP map with a circular course in which each team must release water from team-color-coded water monuments by breaking an obsidian block to activate redstone mechanisms that award them points. To break the blocks, teams must fight against each other, monsters, find their way down mineshafts and over lava to reach diamonds. Teams can seal opposing player's water monuments back up and hinder their progress as well. The first team to get 4 points wins. Catalyst includes highly visible automated scoreboards and dungeons containing valuable resources.

Updates:
v1
This is my first Minecraft map ever, so i'm sure that some issues will arise, especially since 1.2.3 is out. All feedback would be greatly appreciated! The main issue I feel people will run into is that teams are not separated in individual lanes like in race for wool style maps, they are competing against each other which will lead to a lot of PvP, but hopefully a lot of strategy and planning as well. I've tried balancing items and resources as best I can through testing with my friends, but i'm sure these will be edited in future versions of the map based on feedback.

TL;DR My first map ever, player feedback on gameplay, items, etc is greatly appreciated.

Trailer:
Coming Soon

Rules:
kt2fL.jpg

Pictures and More Detailed Map Description: (Hit Spoiler)
For larger images, click http://imgur.com/a/ecGSz
a13mb.jpg

Welcome to Catalyst, my first pvp Minecraft map. This is spawn.

tXDqL.jpg

A miniature diagram of the three levels on the map

y00js.jpg

These are the water monuments. There are two in each corner, eight total, four for each team.

l60a1.jpg

The water is being held back by an obsidian block. The goal of the game is to break all four of your team's obsidian blocks.

ZPINm.jpg

Score is kept track by these redstone scoreboards

Gfncq.jpg

The entrance to the underground is in the center of the map

dydQ0.jpg

The first challenge, making it across the gaps. Teams will be battling each other since this is the only way down. Torches are there only to show off the map.

5xUiQ.jpg

The first underground level is where you gather iron while battling monsters. Coal is also found down here and in the mountain on the surface.

IHyS2.jpg

The mineshaft is the only way down to the diamond level, but there are two of them. TNT can be placed up on the roof and be dropped down into the shaft to destroy any ladders or blocks the opposing team has.

AxHjz.jpg

TNT can be found in one of the dungeons.

TopWe.jpg

In the main dungeon is redstone to replace redstone torches broken by the water. In the other dungeons, chests full of goodies and iron blocks can be found.

LDYyI.jpg

The mineshaft

m6F6R.jpg

The diamond level. You'll notice there's a lot of lava you need to get over to get to the diamonds and some more iron. There are also diamonds hanging on the ceiling in case one team gets here before the other. Also, blazes will be flying around and trying to kill you.

T2NBM.jpg

These redstone torches are broken by the water in the water monuments.

eV26z.jpg

When you break the obsidian block with a diamond pick, water falls down into the hole. You don't need a diamond pick, but it would be faster.

IaUhC.jpg

Water goes all the way down here where it breaks a torch which prevents other torches from being placed.

dP6Fr.jpg

Point!

Xl5nM.jpg

Opposing teams can cover up the water and replace the redstone torch if they mined the redstone from in the spawner. Once all of a team's redstone torches are broken, they win the game.
Download v1:
Click me!

vPvP2
The latest version of Catalyst is not meant to replace version one, but is another style of gameplay. Instead of gathering resources and fighting mobs while attacking the other team, this PvP version of the map supplies teams with items in their main base, tree fort, lookout, and the underground to attack each other. Also, the goal of the map has changed. Instead of breaking the four water monuments, teams must break two enchanting tables encased in obsidian. For more info, pictures, and a download link, check out the topic in the Minecraft forums.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1073689-gamemult-catalyst-v1-a-new-pvp-game/

Nadastorm

Legacy Supporter 1
No, this is a map you would download and then host on a server to play with your friends. Local servers are pretty easy to setup.

Nadastorm

Legacy Supporter 1
You don't need any plugins to play this map. The only one I would recommend is World Edit just so you can /killall monsters and /time day.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
You don't need any plugins to play this map. The only one I would recommend is World Edit just so you can /killall monsters and /time day.
Cool i might make this the offical server if thats ok with you and my brothers.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
OK thanks i will still have to plan it out its not just gonna go POOF then be done XD. I am thinking of making it its own world. a few questions How many people per team? and how does the spawning work?

Nadastorm

Legacy Supporter 1
It doesn't really matter how many people are on a team. Could be 2v2, 1v1, 3v3, 4v4, however many people you have. The player spawn should be set at the map's spawn so hopefully that works.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
It doesn't really matter how many people are on a team. Could be 2v2, 1v1, 3v3, 4v4, however many people you have. The player spawn should be set at the map's spawn so hopefully that works.
I opened it in SSP and it does.
EDIT: Come to think of it, you may have just been there at the time. Checking now.

Nadastorm

Legacy Supporter 1
I don't think you would be able to use the Heroes plugin because you would still have to level. If everyone started at a higher level it might work, but then again it's a more of a restrictive plugin than an enhancement. Many people wouldn't be able to use diamond picks with Heroes, but you can try it if you want.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
You can customize it so you dont have to level and i can also make it so eveyone can use diamonds. i was also thinking any specific loudouts?

Nadastorm

Legacy Supporter 1
If you think that Heroes could enhance the gameplay, go for it, but keep in mind I designed it with the intent that people would play it using vanilla Minecraft so things might not work out how you think they will. What's a loudout?