• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bring back Mob Arena.

Bring back MA?

• Total voters

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
I often see a lot of people complain about the lack of events and in a way Mob Arena was like a mini DoD. There was a lot of debate about how grindy MA was but thinking back, I had some of the most fun when doing MA with a group of people. It gave people something to do and I don't think a replacement for it has been put in place.
I think if it had some tweaks it could become more of an activity to do rather than a way to level, this could be done in several ways:
  • Less exp from the mobs
  • Less or even no rewards
  • Death being the only way to quit unless you defeat every wave
  • No free gear, you have to use your own.
  • Increasing level of MA which would require you to beat the previous one before moving on.
There has been word of dungeons replacing MA for a long time but instead it seems like we've been left without anything except rare DoD's and leveling in the environment. I know that there is an adventure map coming which I'm assuming will have things like dungeons but I think that for now we at least need some form of activity to do. Although the exp was great, I mostly played the Mob Arena for fun, you had to co-ordinate with one another to survive so in that sense it never felt like 'free' exp.

I brought this up in chat and a few people seemed to agree so it would be interested to hear what people think.

@Kainzo

Last edited:

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm sorry, but of everything EVER suggested this is by far the best suggestion. I miss MAs so much, it became an event that players could organise without admin intervention. Admittedly, levelling was illogical, people mastering from a day of MAs was not great. Apart from this, the actual MAs were fun, if there was no PvP going people would do MAs, a fun PvE group event. To add to this, the healer class became much more respected. IN my opinion bring this back, but up the item rewards and nerf the exp gained hard.

Please bring this back, whatever you do, MAs are the reason Dragongarde was my favourite map so far.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, make it so it is still viable to level in MAs, just not so much that it's better than levelling in the map, and more a constant way of obtaining exp, but at a cost of time.

_KittyGotWet_

Banned
Mob Arenas provided a fantastic activity to towns, guilds and friends at any time they chose. It wasn't dependant on being online in time for an infrequent DoD and could be prepared for to create a suitable challenge. Towards the end of DG, the rewards received had minimal value, people would have been happy getting nothing from it at that point, its main reward was exp, which can easily be adjusted within the arena this map. The selling point of the MAs to most players was the teamwork, groups were created of varying classes and utility, the coordination between players was amazing to see. Even for individual players hooking up with other randoms, people who had never even spoken to each other before suddenly listening, leading and working a together.
The MA should not be seen as an alternative to levelling in the wild or earning items/money, it is a social and teamwork activity that anyone can enjoy. It strengthened the community.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I support an entertainment or extremely low exp MA!

Better scaling per player could help with leveling issues, I remember classes that could solo MA would level rapidly. If solo exp was minimal/non-existent, MAs would work better.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
At this time, we are not bringing back Mob Arenas.

The reasoning:
Adventure Map / Dungeons.

The leveling experience with Mob Arenas was stale and went too fast. I hope to make it more enjoyable with quests, dungeons, and custom loot that will help you increase your character's effectiveness and lore.

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
At this time, we are not bringing back Mob Arenas.

The reasoning:
Adventure Map / Dungeons.

The leveling experience with Mob Arenas was stale and went too fast. I hope to make it more enjoyable with quests, dungeons, and custom loot that will help you increase your character's effectiveness and lore.

Fair enough. But how long will it be until these are released? Any estimated period of time?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I suggest that maybe a temporary measure ( Until the Epic adventure map ) like an " Event " to see who can survive the most waves of mobs, scalled to the number of Players per team. The exp could be 0, but maybe get a prize at the end like a half decent sword or the new Enchanting items or even small amounts of money.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Idea:
Instead of having a mob arena, instead have defense thingies while we wait on dungeons. You'd be somewhere important, and waves of mobs would come, increasing in number and strength. Very little exp if any at all would be gained. You could only defend when defense was needed, which would be every 6-8 hours or so so that people wouldn't be able to grind it, it'd just be a fun thing on the side, where people can gather and battle together as a group.

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
I think we do need something to do whilst we wait, we've been waiting for dungeons for months and meanwhile herocraft seems to be losing players and continuously being filled with people whining about no events, PvP being dry, classes being op, etc. The community needs something!

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I think we do need something to do whilst we wait, we've been waiting for dungeons for months and meanwhile herocraft seems to be losing players and continuously being filled with people whining about no events, PvP being dry, classes being op, etc. The community needs something!
I would say that there aren't as many players on as there used too, maybe this could be a solution till Dungeons and questing get implemented

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't want to sound rude or anything, hey Xanipher! could you throw a few DoD's every now and then? like last map, have it announced a day or two before, world edit out an ocean in ruins, add a few surface features, cover the thing in glass, set a quick graveyard, a few admin shops, and then region the thing. after that it can be used for pvp, or more DoD's later on. when the event happens, just spawn a shitton of random mobs all over the place and just have fun as the death messages follow. please :D