• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bloodmage Ideas

MajDeath

Portal
Well, aparently people say Kainzo wants to make bloodmage more support and less of a fighter, here are some skill ideas that came to me in a dream.... :)

1. A skill that kills the bloodmage (bloodmage must have over a set amount of health to use, to cancel a bloodmage using that to avoid the pvp system) full healing party members in a certain range while giving a 1 second stun on nearby enemies, or allies, or even both.

2.Shields an ally from the next hostile skill using the bloodmage's own health.

3. Transfer any buffs stolen with stealessence to the bloodmage's party.

4. Transfers a portion of a bloodmage's health to full heal a target example. the target is missing 300 health, the bloodmage transfers 300 of its own health to the target.

5. Convert some of the bm's own health into mana for a target ally.

6. Sacrifice the target ally to heal the bm to full.

7. Take 50% of the bm's health to heal the target to full.

8. Damage dealt to the bm heals nearby allies for a % of the damage given.

(Also on a side note i want to point out that 1 full cycle of the bloodmage's damage skills, which will end after 20 seconds will cause bloodbond to heal 103.4 health to allies.)

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I love these ideas, it really makes bloodmage look more like a class that uses it's blood/life force to damage/heal targets.

I only have one concern, number 6, you say sacrifice an ally to heal yourself fully. I don't know if this is a good idea, I don't think your friends will want to die so a bloodmage can be healed, I can also see bloodmages trolling their friends by using this at random times. In addition, I suggest that if number 1 is implanted, it should only heal party members half of their max hp and take the BM down to 1 hp, this will eliminate the BM from using the skill to avoid death.

Now that my concern is out of the way, I too have a few suggestions. My first suggestion is give BM balance, it's a skill that has already been suggested by Kainzo, I feel that giving balance to a cleric or disciple would not make sense, how are they really supposed to balance a party's hp? (Logically speaking) While a BM can "transfer" the party's blood/life force and balance it around. I really like the looks of this topic, and I do want to see bloodmage become more support. I also want to point out I don't really see any nerfs needed for the class if any of these skills are added because at the moment bloodmage takes a lot of skill. Using constrict, steal essence, and it's 3 damaging skills will drain about half of it's health and now that bloodbond drains mana, transfuse is finally needed which takes 100 hp to use.

MajDeath

Portal
Just going to poke some stuff, if the bm has 1 hp, it CANT use anything except for bandage because everything else takes a health reagent

_hin

Stone
nonamemajdeath : Very nice ideas and I love the way they are all (at least the majority of them) based on the essential characteristic of bloodmage: sacrifice.

nonamemajdeath said:
1. A skill that kills the bloodmage (bloodmage must have over a set amount of health to use, to cancel a bloodmage using that to avoid the pvp system) full healing party members in a certain range while giving a 1 second stun on nearby enemies, or allies, or even both.

I love this idea. Maybe needs a bit of reshaping, but the idea is pretty nice.

2.Shields an ally from the next hostile skill using the bloodmage's own health.
I personally think it is hard to use / useless, mainly because there is too spam during a fight and you cannot predict what the next skill will be (I'm still kinda new to herocraft so maybe i'm wrong here, maybe i'm underestimating strategic pvp's).

3. Transfer any buffs stolen with stealessence to the bloodmage's party.
I think this is too powerfull. Maybe spread the buffs with random players within the party (rather than giving all buffs to all party members) ? Example: You are in a party with player A, B and C. You keep all the buffs stolen and give 1 to player B and 2 to player C.

4. Transfers a portion of a bloodmage's health to full heal a target example. the target is missing 300 health, the bloodmage transfers 300 of its own health to the target.

Nice idea. But it needs a considerable cooldown, or maybe you just heal ~75% of the life drained to you.

5. Convert some of the bm's own health into mana for a target ally.

Would be great.

Dangerous. I think people would abuse of this.

7. Take 50% of the bm's health to heal the target to full.

Similar to suggestion #4. Need to find a balance between these 2.

8. Damage dealt to the bm heals nearby allies for a % of the damage given.

OP, I think. Unless this is a small %.

MajDeath

Portal
Just going to point out I wasnt suggesting adding all of them just ideas with obviously needed adjustments for those that are simaler.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Just because Kainzo put in one skill and changing other, that BM didn't even need, doesn't mean he is trying to make it a class less combat oriented that's just crazy. Honestly I'm sick of people trying to suggest changes to class that don't even need them. Bloodmage , in my opinion, is one of the most balanced classes in the game. It only gets bad rep because of the Descriptions of it's skills and skilled players making the class seem to powerful. There is a difference between skill power and over all class power, so just because some people play the class to its full potential means everyone will? Flawed logic there.
This is what creates unbalanced class, people picking and poking at class that don't need serious changes. I mean look at bard. Rogues are meant to be known for High damage and low Hp. Bard has Chainmail armor and doesn't do nearly as much damage with musical items then bows or swords with other Rogue classes. Class shouldn't be typecasted based on the category they are in.

MajDeath

Portal
Kainzo only added one skill, and bm atm is not much for 1v1 pvp and is not that fantastic as support either, VERY much enjoy how you instantly took a suggestion as a demand for drastic change.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
bm atm is not much for 1v1 pvp
LOL
Edit-
Added one skill and tweaked another.
VERY much enjoy how you instantly took a suggestion as a demand for drastic change.
Well if you actually read my post you would know that I was speaking more in general about the state of things and not this specific thread, sorry if that wasn't clear enough for you. Judging by this comment you don't full understand what message I was trying to convey.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Considering it takes half its own hp at the begining of the fight... yup. logic you Actualy need to be good at this class ^^
Bloodmage, if used correctly is quiet amazing at 1v1, but like all classes it cant 1v1 everything. By everything I mean:

-Skilled wizards
-Any Mastered warrior spec
-Necromancers
-Clerics
-And things dealing high damage like Ninjas

Just because it requires some effort to use doesn't mean it should be changed. Like any class it requires experimentation to create techniques and strategies.
because at the moment bloodmage takes a lot of skill.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
/p invite Noob

Before you go suggesting these, take a look at BM.

Walk into 2v2's. Based on what you need, you can Heal your team while dealing Damage (Bloodbond, DoTs, Drains) you can Slow enemies while StealEssence'ing their speed buffs. You have a ranged silence for god's sake. You use Chant on cooldown, and Transfuse when it makes sense. You can also heal decently. [edit2: bandage not being used in combat makes it As hard to heal decently As it is to eat, which is pretty hard in skirmishes and a little hard in World pvp. When combat tagged, BM does not do great healing, although again, need more info on Bloodbond healing]

All in all, that is a lot to play around with, and I have not seen any BMs use all their bags of tricks. Lets be clear, I am not saying BM is doing too much, or doing it too well. I just think that the class is full of a great new synergy rotation that I would like to see more of.

edit: I know I didnt comment on the skills you suggested, sorry it is because I don't know where new BM stands.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
You can also heal decently.

Chant is the only healing move Bms have atm,because bandage can't be used in combat. With all the Hp sapping Dots it ruffly gives you 3-3.5 ish hearts back, and when fighting Ninjas and Dks that's not alot. If you get to half a heart left you can no longer use it because you wouldn't have enough hp to even start the move, and due to that health glitch it can't fully heal you.

Not disagreeing with you, just laying it out.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
LightningCape, you are very stubborn. We are not suggesting this to ruin BM for you, or suggesting these just because kainzo implented a very cool skill, we are suggesting these to make BM a better class. I also just want to say, BM is one of the most powerful classes on the server. Bloodmages can easily beat any mastered warrior path except dragoons or samurais in some cases. BM easily destroy clerics and necros. I also never said it HAD to be changed just because it takes more skill now.

I also want to counter your statement "BM got a skill that wasn't even needed." I find this to be rude since time was used to make this skill. Also, when is any skill needed? Classes don't have to get new skills, but they do for the better yet you seem to oppose this idea.

Furthermore, I think the exact opposite when people "pick at classes". I don't know how this would hurt a class, a class is changed if it needs to, so let people "pick at them".

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
LightningCape, you are very stubborn..
Don't make me seem like this bad guy who is trying to stop the change of one class he plays as. I'm just implying that changes to balanced classes are what create imbalances and because the server doesn't need anymore of those I'm just voicing my opinion here so no need to be rude.
BM is one of the most powerful classes on the server. Bloodmages can easily beat any mastered warrior path,BM easily destroy clerics and necros.
Well i will say it is good at pvp the other things past your first sentence are false.

I also want to counter your statement "BM got a skill that wasn't even needed." I find this to be rude since time was used to make this skill. .
Did you make the skill personally? If not it's a bit weird you act as though I've personally attacked you. I know that this skill, like all skills, took time and effort to make and don't get me wrong it's a good skill.
Classes don't have to get new skills, but they do for the better yet you seem to oppose this idea.
Furthermore, I think the exact opposite when people "pick at classes". I don't know how this would hurt a class, a class is changed if it needs to, so let people "pick at them".
Not all skill changes are for the better and that is what I'm trying to tell people. If you take something that is relevantly balanced then it will become unbalanced. In order to fix that people who change something else. Then eventually people wouldn't like that change either and it would be a class that everyone is frustrated about because of it's seemly perceptually unbalanced state.

Taken directly from your other thread
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/healer-specs-and-more.30047/#post-266755
Cleric: I started playing as cleric a week or two ago, and to be honest, it's pretty over powered. As a level 44 cleric, I was able to defeat mastered wizards, dread knights, rangers, bloodmages
BM easily destroy clerics and...
...Seems contradicting slightly.

Basing classes on their skirmish performance doesn't make sense.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
Don't make me seem like this bad guy who is trying to stop the change of one class he plays as. I'm just implying that changes to balanced classes are what create imbalances and because the server doesn't need anymore of those I'm just voicing my opinion here so no need to be rude.
I don't see you as a bad guy, but as I said on another thread, just because bloodmage gets new skills won't guarantee it will become unbalanced, bloodbond only made the class better, not unbalanced. As I also stated, we won't ever know if the class will become unbalanced if we don't try, and then if it does become unbalanced, it can always be changed.

Well i will say it is good at pvp the other things past your first sentence are false.
I don't know how you fight as a bloodmage, but it is obviously different than I do, I was able to destroy necros and clerics, just antidote poison and stay far from clerics. Thats the same for paladins and dreadknights, you can just constrict them, use the BM combo, then run, simple.

Did you make the skill personally? If not it's a bit weird you act as though I've personally attacked you. I know that this skill, like all skills, took time and effort to make and don't get me wrong it's a good skill.
I did not make the skill but you come off as if it's a bad skill and wasn't needed, yet it is awesome BM was finally able to get another skill that even supports a whole group.

Not all skill changes are for the better and that is what I'm trying to tell people. If you take something that is relevantly balanced then it will become unbalanced. In order to fix that people who change something else. Then eventually people wouldn't like that change either and it would be a class that everyone is frustrated about because of it's seemly perceptually unbalanced state.
As I said before in this same post, a skill addition does not guarantee an unbalanced class and we won't know if the class will become unbalanced if we don't try. I seriously doubt it will become unbalanced though because Kainzo seems to know what he is doing.

Taken directly from your other thread
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/healer-specs-and-more.30047/#post-266755

...Seems contradicting slightly.

Basing classes on their skirmish performance doesn't make sense.
Once again, I have no idea how you fight as a BM, but when I was a BM, I beat clerics every time, you just need to stay away from them. Now, when I switched to cleric, I could and still can defeat most BM, if I recall, I defeated you a few times successfully, point proven. Obviously, what I have been saying is from my perspective, so you might not have an easy time beating clerics while I do.

Anyways, I am not going to keep arguing with you, I am very excited to see what Kainzo has in mind for bloodmage and love the idea of it become more support and focused on sacrifice.