• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bad First imperssions of Herocraft

aslantr95

Coal
The scale of irony embroidered in that one sentence is unbelievable, that's not how you type 'impression', lol.

ForTehZZZ

Coal
Guys I actually agree with this guy on one of his points.

Around the central area of the map the landscape is really messy! :S Bit of wooden planks and man made blocks just lying around everywhere! :( I think there needs to be a team of people that go around and make areas look natural. Ya know removing:

- Unused Workbenchs
- Unused Furnaces
- Random Manufactured Objects
- Random Holes to Bedrock
- Random Errors in the Oceans

They could also:

- Plant trees and grow tall grass
- Make the four roads more beautiful

I think that if we do this, players will get a better welcome into the server! :D

I mean, I hate joining servers where I go out of the central area only to see a deserted wasteland! :S

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Guys I actually agree with this guy on one of his points.

Around the central area of the map the landscape is really messy! :S Bit of wooden planks and man made blocks just lying around everywhere! :( I think there needs to be a team of people that go around and make areas look natural. Ya know removing:

- Unused Workbenchs
- Unused Furnaces
- Random Manufactured Objects
- Random Holes to Bedrock
- Random Errors in the Oceans

They could also:

- Plant trees and grow tall grass
- Make the four roads more beautiful

I think that if we do this, players will get a better welcome into the server! :D

I mean, I hate joining servers where I go out of the central area only to see a deserted wasteland! :S
That team of people is you! Workbenches lying about? They're yours now! Empty hills where there was once a beautiful forest? Plant some trees and sow some fertilizer! Roads look like ass, with random holes in the ground and torches missing? Fix it up! Hole in the bedrock, beckoning you to the Endless Void, folding your mind in on itself as your psyche cries out for the sweet release of violent Uncreation? Send a petition!

Not everybody wants to do this sort of stuff, though, which is a shame, so why not start such a team? I'll guarantee that you won't be given any special materials to do these jobs, but it'll be nice to have an organized committee dedicated to keeping our server beautiful.

ForTehZZZ

Coal
Your right Dore! :D I should start a Guild! :)

The main prob here is the looks of Zeal, people can't change blocks there.

Im alright for materials though, I know the location of like 3 skelly spawners! :p D101 has a sh*t load of bone meal to use to grow grass and grow trees! :D I also have a real nice supply of soil to cover them ugly ass holes.

In additon, if I find a small shack (A building that is nothing special) that looks abandoned (Chests and Furnaces empty) do I have the right to remove it? This goes with all the other explorers out there! :)

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Your right Dore! :D I should start a Guild! :)

The main prob here is the looks of Zeal, people can't change blocks there.

In additon, if I find a small shack (A building that is nothing special) that looks abandoned (Chests and Furnaces empty) do I have the right to remove it? This goes with all the other explorers out there! :)

Do it! Talk to Kainzo and the admins, and see if you can't work out a committee that has region access in the parts of Zeal that need fixing most often. Again, you won't be given mats, but region access might be in their power to give.

If you find an ugly shack sitting nowhere, put a sign on it (near the entrance in a visible place), asking if the place is abandoned. Put the date on it. If you find a shack with such a sign on it older than 3 days, take the building down!

About a month ago someone was whining about the torn up beaches all over the place, and I actually suggested a Herocraft Beautification Guild. Obviously it wasn't created, so whoever it was (unlike ForTehZZZ) didn't want to do anything about it; just wanted to complain.

At the beach I'm currently tearing up for glass, I'm also mining some sandstone when I hit bottom and making a floor just below sea level, with torches underneath. It's much better looking and if somebody cared enough, they could take a few stacks of sand from a desert and complete fixing the beach...

Assuming it's a part-time job, I'd probably join your Guild, @ForTehZZZ :)

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
I go around fixing beaches with water when I see them, also remove random crap if I come across it. It's a big map sadly, and I can only walk :(

ForTehZZZ

Coal
That would be my downfall.... walkin'! :(

In addition I also fear that players may come and attack me while I am working. Which sucks.

BUT! It is for a good cause! :D Also, my 'base' of operations is not too far from Zeal, so im fine with walking! :D