• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ask Me Anything:gabizou

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
@Demonishboy Breaking a redstone ore with a silk touch pickaxe, even if it is glowing when broken, will give a redstone ore that is not glowing.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Do you drive and if so what car do you have :eek: ?
I drive my dad's car, a Mercedes Benz C230 Sedan 2006. It's an awesome ride but with gas prices, we (both Dad and I) don't drive it as much.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
What's the best movie you've seen in the last year or so? What appealed to you about it? And in what way do you think the circumstances in which you saw the movie - company, place etc - affected your perception of the movie itself?

ZeZeene

Herocube Guardian
I drive my dad's car, a Mercedes Benz C230 Sedan 2006. It's an awesome ride but with gas prices, we (both Dad and I) don't drive it as much.
What in the world happened to the glorious invisible Adminmobile?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
What in the world happened to the glorious invisible Adminmobile?
The invisible Adminmobile doesn't allow me to have as much of a sweet ride as I'd like being that I get pulled over by police all the time since they can't see the car but they still see me floating there...

What's the best movie you've seen in the last year or so? What appealed to you about it? And in what way do you think the circumstances in which you saw the movie - company, place etc - affected your perception of the movie itself?
In the last year? Well, my favorite that I saw last year was Dark Knight Rises, then Avengers then Iron Man 3. I saw all movies with friends. Personally, my favorite movie to watch over and over is Star Trek: Into Darkness. I'm very much of a scifi fan and high production values for scifi movies traditionally brings about excellent films, with some examples of otherwise. I generally don't enjoy movies as much as I'd like in a local theater, rather I would rather watch it on my tv at my own leisure.

Y

ytiggidmas

Hello people of Herocraft! As some of you know, Reddit has this thing called an AmA or Ask Me Anything. So, the rules are:
1) I will reply to the questions I choose
2) Asking a question that has already been asked will be ignored.
3) Asking a question to find out personal information that could be used to stalk me or harass me will be ignored and/or replied with a question on your sanity
4) I'll leave this thread open for people to ask me questions until I find it unnecessary to keep it open.

Commence!
Where and how did you learn to code? Like plugins for the server, and such.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Why is @Xanipher the best admin?
Please answer in a Sonnet.
Thank you.
She's not.

What were your thoughts when you first joined Herocraft?
Cool place!
Where and how did you learn to code? Like plugins for the server, and such.
I learned how to start coding in Java in a community college course for a semester, started putting two and two together after looking at open sourced plugins and lots of reading of articles in StackOverflow. For plugins, I started simple, Disable invisibility potions from being dispensed from dispensers! Then moved on to Karma, then moved on to implementing other plugins stuff like Titles, TagAPI, Heroes and finally writing a plugin from scratch, Townships (a huge undertaking considering the amount of stuff that needs to mesh with it).

Why am I your favorite player?
(answer in haiku pls)
No. @Sirdemonic3 is my nabe.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Just wondering, because I'm still trying to figure it out for myself...
Probably a computer programmer later on. For the mean time, a student with a decent paying job.