• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Armor repair questions (bugs/weird features)

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
Hey all. I am one of the players on herocraft who play a crafter smith, and dont care much for leveling. I build shit. Thats why I only recently became a lvl 30 smith. Anyway, that if pretty chill since I can repair armor tools and weapons. However, I have encountered some things that might be bugs, or weird features.

First is: Iron helmet costs 6 leather to repair, while all other iron armo pieces are 1 leather each. Bug or extremely weird feature?

Second is: "you dont have permission to repair" on chain armor. I can repair everything else, but not chain. Is this is intentional or a bug?

And now since I've already made a thead about smithing stuff, let me ask one final question at the end. What are reasonable prices for the smith's services? I have so far been charging 2c per armor piece and 1c per tool or weapon for repairs as long as the customer supplies leather. Smiths out there, what do you usually charge? (we all know its for all of our best interests to find a price range we all stay in)

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm a master Smith, I've always had this same problem with iron helmets costing 8 or 9 leather.
I've previously mentioned it yet its still a persistent bug and means I don't repair them :\

I also had trouble with chain mail and only recently discovered you need to wear the armour to repair it, do /rep armour while wearing it. Not the most ideal way to do it, but a work around..

On pricing, I only repair for our citizens and allies - at the reasonable price of 1c per item.

I also use deconstruct to break down items at the cost of 1c per item, however I'll' probably increase this to 2c as its takes a lot of time.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm a master Smith, I've always had this same problem with iron helmets costing 8 or 9 leather.
I've previously mentioned it yet its still a persistent bug and means I don't repair them :\

I also had trouble with chain mail and only recently discovered you need to wear the armour to repair it, do /rep armour while wearing it. Not the most ideal way to do it, but a work around..

On pricing, I only repair for our citizens and allies - at the reasonable price of 1c per item.

I also use deconstruct to break down items at the cost of 1c per item, however I'll' probably increase this to 2c as its takes a lot of time.
The file is reading correctly - the dev (not on our team) will need to be alerted and fix the issue.