• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

All Server Rail work has stopped we are on strike... Thank Oryinn

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
Due to Oryinn constant camping of my store and killing me, rail team, project donors and suppliers, we have decided untill some sort of action is take we will no longer work.

PVP'n for fun is one thing and hunting and killing and honorable fighting, yes that is the style of the game.

camping and killing in a store purly to stop projects and take server items for server project when I have NEVER attacked this person first is purely vindictive. espically when he kills you 10 times in a row...

there is a line between harassment and PVP...

I'm taking a break till the 5th for the server to decide if they want a rail line. all rail teams have been instructed to stop all work.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Harassment on Herocraft Online is best defined as persistent abuse towards another player.
Examples:
  • A player camping outside a town to kill a player is NOT harassment.
  • A player camping outside a town to kill a player mulitple times IS harassment.
  • A player verbally abusing another player, for any reason, is harassment.

Well, I don't see the user breaking any of these rules, but if it's becoming a constant issue, I can speak with the user.

Zigey

Wood
Due to Oryinn constant camping of my store and killing me, rail team, project donors and suppliers, we have decided untill some sort of action is take we will no longer work.

PVP'n for fun is one thing and hunting and killing and honorable fighting, yes that is the style of the game.

camping and killing in a store purly to stop projects and take server items for server project when I have NEVER attacked this person first is purely vindictive. espically when he kills you 10 times in a row...

I'm taking a break till the 5th for the server to decide if they want a rail line. all rail teams have been instructed to stop all work.

I Guess you are talking about Orion, if you tell me the name of the suspect i will have a word.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Oryinn isn't from Jericho. He's solo, and it's odd because he's the only guy who attacks everyone but me... I'm usually the guy to kill, Oryinn's like: "Greek's cool, let him on through." Until he killed me for trying to buy redstone from your shop, Airbus, after he told me to leave. That's what I was doing... leaving, but I needed redstone ./cry

1st suggestion: Airbus, get some good guards. Oryinn may be a good pvper, but with guards on hand, something like this can be prevented.

2nd: Kill his dogs, an easy way to stop dogs is to pour water in front of you to slow them down. Then kill. Maybe some lava? *wink wink*

3rd: Get some locked chests so you can put materials in them without Oryinn killing and stealing them.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Oryinn isn't from Jericho. He's solo, and it's odd because he's the only guy who attacks everyone but me... I'm usually the guy to kill, Oryinn's like: "Greek's cool, let him on through." Until he killed me for trying to buy redstone from your shop, Airbus, after he told me to leave. That's what I was doing... leaving, but I needed redstone ./cry

1st suggestion: Airbus, get some good guards. Oryinn may be a good pvper, but with guards on hand, something like this can be prevented.

2nd: Kill his dogs, an easy way to stop dogs is to pour water in front of you to slow them down. Then kill. Maybe some lava? *wink wink*

3rd: Get some locked chests so you can put materials in them without Oryinn killing and stealing them.
oryinn sucks at pvp :X dont see why people die by him a lot, wait till i get the right class and ill rape his babies all day :)

Hes also fat, just throwiug that out there

(i know him irl)

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
If you have so many people working on this railway, don't anyone of them have fighting class friends? Do NONE of you have a town? I'm sure there are plenty of towns who would want to help kill him for an hour or two.

How about Shiroku? I haven't been with them all summer really but I'm pretty sure they will camp there with you and defend you for some money still. Or Iron Pass? They are right up the road and are supposed to be guarding that whole road. Ask Stronghold for some people, they have an entire pvp town they are building or something.

Plenty of towns/people would help kill him if you asked/paid them. This is the down side of crafters. You need to pay for protection or have connections.

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
I think you underestimate how much the project is costing Airbus. It's going to take 6000 rails for example. Thats what 36,000 iron. Well minus the powered rail so a quick estimate there is that it's 1500 or so gold ingots? Not to mention the 100,000s of halfstone blocks that will be needed for it and also the redstone torches and wooden planks and torches. That's not counting the fact AB has been paying people to help dig the tunnels themselves. Thats at a quick guess 180,000+ blocks to be dug? Not everyone is willing to work for free on the project.

Now these numbers are quick estiamtes I've worked out on the spot so dont take them as official but thats my guess of what it's going to take. The fact is AB and others are putting a -lot- of time effort and coin into providing something for everyone on the server. Should he have to pay people to protect his shop on top of this because a handful of people are spending their entire day camping there?

As airbus put it

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think you underestimate how much the project is costing Airbus. It's going to take 6000 rails for example. Thats what 36,000 iron. Well minus the powered rail so a quick estimate there is that it's 1500 or so gold ingots? Not to mention the 100,000s of halfstone blocks that will be needed for it and also the redstone torches and wooden planks and torches. That's not counting the fact AB has been paying people to help dig the tunnels themselves. Thats at a quick guess 180,000+ blocks to be dug? Not everyone is willing to work for free on the project.

Now these numbers are quick estiamtes I've worked out on the spot so dont take them as official but thats my guess of what it's going to take. The fact is AB and others are putting a -lot- of time effort and coin into providing something for everyone on the server. Should he have to pay people to protect his shop on top of this because a handful of people are spending their entire day camping there?

As airbus put it
Part of the weekly tax payments are being put into this project as well. Townships should defend their vested interest - in this case harassment on a server project, which is a moronic thing to do, to begin with. I will revive KoK and go pvp if i must ;)

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
I thought that taxes were helping especially after just working out how much materials this project needs. It's also great that a lot of people are donating time / effort / minimal profit materials or even free materials for it.

I just didnt know how much / if if they were for sure so didn't want to include it :p

May I ask what KoK is?

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
Theoretically, we could hire some people to guard us on site, but realistically. You can not, people will not stand around doing nothing for 2-5 hours straight, that is just the average human, he will run off and do something else because he is bored and probably get killed or just go randomly killing people. And for the most part, we could get some Rangers from the Ranger's Corps but from what I am aware a lot of people are busy and the only people we could high for a decent price would be some level 19 Rogue that just got his first sword and thinks he's a badass. :|

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
In this case, paying someone to guard the shop would help, but only slightly, for all the reasons Trok pointed out. Now, paying someone to guard Airbus HIMSELF would likely cut down on the boredom factor, and mean they're there only when they're needed, and not just standing around doing nothing for 2-5 hours.