• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A Few Serious Questions

Shenorai

Banned
This is addressed to all Fifth Age Herocrafters. In other words, players who are currently using the Heroes plugin.

How many times during each session do you actually use any Heroes abilities? And which ones do you use?

Aside from the obvious restrictions regarding weapons, tools, and armor, do the abilities themselves actually have a use for you? Are there abilities in your class that you haven't even touched? Do you even wonder why the abilities are attached to the class in the first place? What could be changed?

Not only would I be interested in reading your thoughts, but I'm sure that Kainzo and his coding team may want your input. You, readers, are the Heroes, after all.

I understand that Kainzo is dead-set on having this RPG element blended into Minecraft, but let's see how much of the coding is actually put to use.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Well immediately when I log in I use the Wolf skill. And I continue to use it until my wolves are maxed out. They are also a part of my everyday stuff (since only Beastmasters can tame them) and go with me everywhere. I also use the Assassin's Blade skill binded to my diamond axe, not sure if it even works or not, but i use it just in case.

I haven't leveled up enough to get gills, or lickwounds, or root, or bite but when i get them I plan on using root when i'm using the bow on mobs or people (thanks to 1.8 amazing bows) and I will probably replace my binding of assblade on my axe with bite. It's a free 10 damage, then i do 10-12 damage a hit with my axes anyway!

So overall I'd say I'm making/will make great use of my beastmaster skills. :)

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
whenever i log in i use jump all the time (besides right now with the fall damage glitch) but that is the only useful skill i have as of now for dragoon. i can think of absolutely no use for taunt besides helping you get exp but you might as well walk over to a mob to hit it if you are trying to get exp. charge sounds cool though i'm not lvl 30 yet. impale also sounds cool though i don't know how feasible is will be in battles

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
How do you think that will change with 1.8's Sprinting/Charge-attacking update?
not sure i understand, but if i do i think it will make charging a good way to catch up with sprinting players that are just out of reach. i would like to see a knockback much like the sprinting knockback on mobs implemented on certain dragoon skills (there might be one on impale) such as after jump they are knocked back 5 blocks or whatever just out of reach is, or maybe that would go better with charge.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
When I was a samurai the only ability I ever used really was bladegrasp. I didn't pvp much after mortal wound came out so I don't know if I would have used it much. Now that I am an engineer I haven't used any of my stuff yet but I definitely plan to. I've been too busy mining lol. Honestly I believe that a ton of specs (mainly casters and healers) definitely do have a huge amount of abilities they almost never use, but for things like warriors and rogues, the sheer lack of skills makes the ones you have that much more useful. Crafters definitely do use pretty much everything they have as well.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
As a cleric, I use pray just about every 30 seconds, and revive as well as invuln are also in frequent use. Antidote is pointless, because as soon as I find out I'm poisoned, and type out the skill, I'm no longer poisoned. Might is also good in combat, and dispel has it's uses.