• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A few problems I've seen so far.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I wanted to address a few problems with the classes.

With the new map, I have been looking at the new system and how things have changed. Here are a few things I feel need to be removed or changed:

Ninja: They do not need a straight up stun. It allows them to burst targets before they can even move. If chasing targets is a problem, I think a slow would be alright, but with backflip and grappling hook, they have enough mobility. If we give a class heavy damage capabilities, we don't need to load on CC or Hard CC in this case, to complete them. Other solutions if removing the stun is not desired would be a reduction in the stun length.

Wizard: Its too easy to build glass cannon (Heavy Int) with added con or end :/. I'm not too good at math, but I know that Replenish needs to scale with wisdom and have a way lower base. I was thinking 20% base with 1.25-2% per point.

Some problems that I've not fully looked at yet:

Berserker: Seems to just do way too much damage, things are audible, but they seem to out duel people even with heavy AoE and so many defensives. We had a ninja and a paladin on a Berserker all max and they couldn't beat him even when getting the jump on him.

Dragoon: Seems to be tanky, damagey, and mobile. I feel they don't sacrifice enough in certain areas and end up being all three rather than only one and partly the others.

@Delfofthebla @Balance Team @Kainzo

I'll keep looking at things and working out what is problematic with the classes I'm unsure about.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Ninja: I can definitely agree that Ninja is feeling too strong atm, but I find that it's not so much the stun, but the lack of strength dependency.

Right now, strength is not influencing left click enough. This means you can go super high con, or super high charisma (leading to a much longer stun) without any real repercussions. You do not "need" to have strength, and having an excessive amount of strength doesn't necessarily give you a large advantage. This is mostly due to my own time constraints during attribute development. I wished to maintain balance as much as possible, and as such, I left a very minor gain on strength, and kept most of the left click numbers for classes to be in the same general area they were before.

However, I think it is necessary to force a strength requirement into melee classes so that we can prevent things like a Ninja going full con / end while also dealing excessive amounts of damage.

Wizard: I agree, and that was the plan. Most Wizards I know are going full glass cannon with almost no repercussions at all. Making Replenish scale off of wisdom should solve this.

Berserker: This, I'd have to disagree on. It's very easy to avoid most of the damage output a Berserker can dish out. Whirlwind, BloodDrinker, and UndyingWill are all skills that can be easily countered by simply walking away from the berserker. If He's whirlwinding while doing either of the other two, it makes it all that more easy due to the self-slow Whirlwind has. I've seen several casters, and even a few melee, take down a max level Berserker without too much trouble.

Who was the Paladin / Ninja / Berserker in the situation you are describing?

Dragoon: Same issue as Ninja here imo. It's possible we can knock down their base equipment weight a tad, but their damage output issue would be solved by creating a better strength scaling system.

Last edited:

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
Ninja's stun is a bit unnecessary, the other night I was stunned by a ninja and killed in 3 auto attacks, before I could even become free.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Strength Scaling: So, as I said above, I think strength is not important enough to classes that are dealing damage. Indeed, a lot of melee abilities scale off of strength, but it isn't really enough to give a large benefit, what the classes need is more of a left click based strength dependency. The real question is, how should it be handled?

The current system:
All Classes Have
1) Class Dependent Base Weapon Damage
2) Class Dependent Weapon Level Damage
3) Strength Damage (0.35 per str)

I tried several different things while developing attributes, but this ended up being the one I fell back on. But is it the best system? There are several ways that it can be changed.

One way is to keep the same system, but alter values to be much lower on the class level, and much higher on the strength level. The issue I see (and saw during testing) was that caster based classes could make some fairly...iffy melee builds that turned out a lot stronger than I had hoped.

And Ninja, for instance, got some fairly obscene Backstab numbers with high strength values.

However, I was thinking of perhaps changing the system to something like this:
All Classes Would Have
1) Base Weapon Damage
2) Class-Dependent Strength Damage

In this system, we could determine how effective strength is on the class level, rather than on a global level. This gives us more control for balance, preventing some of the super powerful builds for casters or for Ninja Backstabs.

Just some thoughts anyways. I'm open to suggestions / ideas on the strength issue.