• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Spiders invinceble?

WizChip

Legacy Supporter 5
So, I am mining and sometimes I come up on abandoned Mine Shafts where I like to run around and adventure.

Well, the game has what is called Monster Spawn cages... and the spiders coming from there are unreal.

Cant even start to kill them until they hit the surface. This is not a good thing.

They hit like a truck and will def kill a low level 25 Paladin with full iron armor and a diamond sword. Pretty sad.

Is this normal? Am I missing something?

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
So, I am mining and sometimes I come up on abandoned Mine Shafts where I like to run around and adventure.

Well, the game has what is called Monster Spawn cages... and the spiders coming from there are unreal.

Cant even start to kill them until they hit the surface. This is not a good thing.

They hit like a truck and will def kill a low level 25 Paladin with full iron armor and a diamond sword. Pretty sad.

Is this normal? Am I missing something?
This is normal. Cave spiders have a nasty range and deal a considerable amount of damage. Most people block up the shafts and break the spawners from the bottom or ceiling. Or do what I do and flood it with lava. Up to you.

WizChip

Legacy Supporter 5
ok... is this not controllable? Part of the core game or something?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yes, cavespider spawners are part of the core game.

Their hp / dmg can be set by Heroes to an extent - but if they're doing an crazy amount of damage, its probably not intended or working correctly.

The further you are from spawn - the harder all mobs get (exponentially)

CAVE_SPIDER: 335 HP
CAVE_SPIDER: 75 DMG

I'm going to bump its base-damage down to 60, 5 ahead of the "spider".

WizChip

Legacy Supporter 5
Um.. they are invincible. I don't think it will matter. I have to kite it to the surface before health appears and I am able to kill them.

Pretty much, they are death machines as they are now.

Thanks for bumping down the damage though. It will help with the kiting.