• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Should Beguilers lose the skill "Icebolt"?

Do you think Icebolt should be removed from the skill set of the beguiler.

• Yes, and replace it with confuse

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Yes, but don't replace it with anything.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No, beguilers are not overpowered.

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Hey guys! :D

So, after playing beguiler for a month and a half or so on this map, I must say that I am in love with the class. It is fun to throw out great aoe damage from the back of the raid, as well as support. I've noticed something about this class though that I do not like. I believe it is pretty damn overpowered at its current state. In my opinion, most of it has to do with the cc and nuke potential of icebolt.

Let me give you a rundown of how shit happens in a 1v1 with beguilers:

Once the first icebolt is landed, the enemy of the beguiler is basically fucked. After landing the initial icebolt, the beguiler can use fireball, piggify, icebolt again, fireball again, and in some situations, even mass piggify which only lengthens the duration of the combo. Excluding using masspiggify, a beguiler can pull off 700 true damage as a nuke, not even counting plaguebomb. Including masspiggify, they can pull off 1050 true damage.

IF icebolt were to be replaced with a skill like confuse, then the beguiler would still retain the crowd control that it is supposed to have in the lore, without the nuke potential that it currently posseses. I'd like to know what everybody thinks about this if it were to be implemented. Feel free to comment back telling me what you think. We're trying to balance the class, so feel free to post any feedback about how you think the class could be balance.
Thankyers.
-shizz :3

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Yeah... beguiler is probably the best caster ATM icebolt, land a fireball, piggify next then plaguebomb then masspiggify and fireball +plaguebomb again = dead.

Algsa777

TNT
Wow know you think about it... thats really scary. Thank god they dont have silence since i can heal myself alot at cleric :3

cschris54321

Soulsand
Wizards can do pretty much the same thing... Root>> ice bolt, fireball bold megabolt all while they are slowed from icebolt, replenish, Do it all again, EXCEPT root is on a lower cooldown then piggify. IF you saying that masspiggify is too much cc, it only have a 5 block range, close enough for pretty much anybody to silence you or get a dot on you so that they insta get out of masspiggify. Honestly its really only piggify icebolt fireball that is garenteed combo, because plaguebomb sometimes lags and hits you right after it comes out, damaging you and not even hitting them, or stays in the air for 5 seconds for no reason until ice bolt wears off and they get out. But id say half the time I get off the icebolt fireball plaguebomb without plaguebomb gltiching out. After that I can either blindly cast fireballs icebolts and plaguebombs untill piggify comes back up in 25seconds, 10 seconds longer then wizard's root, or risk coming into silence range with masspiggify. Honestly the only way you can get off what shizzdawg is saying is when you are vsing a class you are supposed to beat, or against some other class were the person isn't smart enough to silence you and wreck you or get off dots and insta get out of masspiggify or charge you after you do your initial piggify combo... IMO beguilers are on par with wizards, they are rivals off classes. Buff rouges instead of nerfing casters... Because that will just make warriors too op again.

Plus, you say you can use this combo as if their is no piggify glitch since the beggining of the map were people can easily instantly get out of piggify as if it didnt' even happen. Without ice bolt beguilers have NO CC against somebody who knows about this glitch, that is legal apparently because I have ped jinder over 2 times about it and nothing has been done. against somebody who knows this gltich, beguilers are literally a squishie ranger with no silence, since all of their damage comes form projectiles other then pulse, and if you use pulse, witch is really bad in most pvp situations.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Wizards can do pretty much the same thing... Root>> ice bolt, fireball bold megabolt all while they are slowed from icebolt, replenish, Do it all again, EXCEPT root is on a lower cooldown then piggify. IF you saying that masspiggify is too much cc, it only have a 5 block range, close enough for pretty much anybody to silence you or get a dot on you so that they insta get out of masspiggify. Honestly its really only piggify icebolt fireball that is garenteed combo, because plaguebomb sometimes lags and hits you right after it comes out, damaging you and not even hitting them, or stays in the air for 5 seconds for no reason until ice bolt wears off and they get out. But id say half the time I get off the icebolt fireball plaguebomb without plaguebomb gltiching out. After that I can either blindly cast fireballs icebolts and plaguebombs untill piggify comes back up in 25seconds, 10 seconds longer then wizard's root, or risk coming into silence range with masspiggify. Honestly the only way you can get off what shizzdawg is saying is when you are vsing a class you are supposed to beat, or against some other class were the person isn't smart enough to silence you and wreck you or get off dots and insta get out of masspiggify or charge you after you do your initial piggify combo... IMO beguilers are on par with wizards, they are rivals off classes. Buff rouges instead of nerfing casters... Because that will just make warriors too op again
Plus, you say you can use this combo as if their is no piggify glitch since the beggining of the map were people can easily instantly get out of piggify as if it didnt' even happen. Without ice bolt beguilers have NO CC against somebody who knows about this glitch, that is legal apparently because I have ped jinder over 2 times about it and nothing has been done. against somebody who knows this gltich, beguilers are literally a squishie ranger with no silence, since all of their damage comes form projectiles other then pulse, and if you use pulse, witch is really bad in most pvp situations.
learn to spell kid

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Maybe instead of the close range confuse that the ninja gets, have a longer range confuse but it only lasts for 1/2 the time the current one does?

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
OR just lower the slowing effect of icebolt, cause atm, it lowers your speed to a point where you start glitching out if you try to move...

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Icebolt isn't extraordinarily detrimental to other classes' gameplay in 1v1s, I'm leaning towards removing it and replacing it with confuse, if not keep it in place.

Confuse fits the class in both lore and in balance much better than icebolt.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Hey guys! :D

So, after playing beguiler for a month and a half or so on this map, I must say that I am in love with the class. It is fun to throw out great aoe damage from the back of the raid, as well as support. I've noticed something about this class though that I do not like. I believe it is pretty damn overpowered at its current state. In my opinion, most of it has to do with the cc and nuke potential of icebolt.

Let me give you a rundown of how shit happens in a 1v1 with beguilers:

Once the first icebolt is landed, the enemy of the beguiler is basically fucked. After landing the initial icebolt, the beguiler can use fireball, piggify, icebolt again, fireball again, and in some situations, even mass piggify which only lengthens the duration of the combo. Excluding using masspiggify, a beguiler can pull off 700 true damage as a nuke, not even counting plaguebomb. Including masspiggify, they can pull off 1050 true damage.

IF icebolt were to be replaced with a skill like confuse, then the beguiler would still retain the crowd control that it is supposed to have in the lore, without the nuke potential that it currently posseses. I'd like to know what everybody thinks about this if it were to be implemented. Feel free to comment back telling me what you think. We're trying to balance the class, so feel free to post any feedback about how you think the class could be balance.
Thankyers.
-shizz :3
and take away confuse from ninja

cschris54321

Soulsand
Yeah, lets give a skill that moves people around every 2 seconds to a class with all projectiles.... That will help them..* sarcasm*

cschris54321

Soulsand
the movement is random and uncontrollable *not sarcsam*
Insacly, so you can't aim your fireballs icebolts and plaugebombs beacuse they are randomly moving around unpredictably... I already said that projectiles are your only damage... If they took out ice bolt then piggify would be our only cc and against people who know the glitch, like I already said, its useless.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Insacly, so you can't aim your fireballs icebolts and plaugebombs beacuse they are randomly moving around unpredictably... I already said that projectiles are your only damage... If they took out ice bolt then piggify would be our only cc and against people who know the glitch, like I already said, its useless.
Don't use it if you don't like it then - it fits with the Beguiler class and definitely has its utility in GROUP fights (like beguilers are meant to star in) and... when it comes to running away.