• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Runeblades...

I don't honestly know if this was a bug or intentional, but the skill ice blade uses physicall damage and not magical.

If it was a bug, i'll move it....

If it was intentional, why?

It almost makes no sense that a rune blade has no magical damage except for 2 skills. Why give us rune word; when we cant even use it to it's full potential?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I don't honestly know if this was a bug or intentional, but the skill ice blade uses physicall damage and not magical.

If it was a bug, i'll move it....

If it was intentional, why?

It almost makes no sense that a rune blade has no magical damage except for 2 skills. Why give us rune word; when we cant even use it to it's full potential?
Under what claims are you saying that Iceblade isnt magical?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Actually, after further diving into the code. It appears that Iceblade wasnt getting its damage increased by Runeword - we're working on fixing that.

Patch 4.05 the issue should be resolved.

Sorry i wasn't specific enough.

Yes when i mean magical, i meant armor penetration. It says it does weapon damage, so i tested it out on yuro_. His armor negated the damage by 23%. Not really significant...

Also, i think runeword needs a distance buff. I'f i use runeword on someone while they are backing up, it doesn't ever finish the channeling. I've gotten runeword to work on about 1 out of every 5 fights.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Sorry i wasn't specific enough.

Yes when i mean magical, i meant armor penetration. It says it does weapon damage, so i tested it out on yuro_. His armor negated the damage by 23%. Not really significant...

Also, i think runeword needs a distance buff. I'f i use runeword on someone while they are backing up, it doesn't ever finish the channeling. I've gotten runeword to work on about 1 out of every 5 fights.
Test the damage buff from Runeword vs Iceblade please. Looking into the distance.

Test the damage buff from Runeword vs Iceblade please. Looking into the distance.
Alright, i tested it on HC (non-test server)
I tested on full iron armor paladin and these were my results.

He started out with 1144 hp... Without runeword i did 34 damage, dropping him to 1110 hp.
I did a second test, and hit him WITH runeword, and did 40 damage. The damage is kinda cruddy, and it seems the runeword effects are after armor reductions. Therefore, i would deal under 25 damage if he had diamond armor on... and 28 with runeword.

I think it should do full damage, or a fixed amount of damage as magical (armor pen).
But thats just my thoughts on it.

Pies207

Legacy Supporter 4
I agree, i think runeblades skills are mostly remakes of other skills but even weaker... It also has less health and less dmg then ninja... It makes me sad to have wanted to be runeblade and now at level 30 i regret my choice.

I was extremely excited for runeblades.... Their skills don't cope well though. I'm going to do my best to buff this class up.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I was extremely excited for runeblades.... Their skills don't cope well though. I'm going to do my best to buff this class up.
Please retest the Iceblade + Runeword on an armored perosn and let me know how much damage it does, we're considering making it penetrate armor.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Runeblade is an exciting and fluid new class. I would expect changes from Kain. The runeblade's arsenal is an interesting one, and it's a true physical-magical hybrid.

I still haven't tested the iceblade damage, but i just found out that healing also gets increased 20% with runeword on....