• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Reduce the town citizen requirements for City and Capital

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
As far as I am aware, town citizen requirements for City and Capital are 20 and 40 active citizens (log in w/in 2 weeks). That's an extraordinarily high number as most towns only have around 10 members. Not to mention that there weren't these kind of scaling citizen requirements on previous maps if you wanted to have more room to build and scale.

It's pretty significant disincentive to expand your town, when if you do, you could lose everything you own simply because you didn't quite have enough members to meet the arbitrarily high number.

I think in order to at least reduce the penalty on larger towns, the town citizen requirement should not scale exponentially.

Perhaps
Hamlet 5 citizens
Town 10 citizens
City 15 citizens
Capital 20 citizens
Or even lower (5-7-10-15?), as there weren't these kind of increased hard requirements last map in terms of active player base.

In addition, I feel that if you miss your town citizen requirements, you should be docked to the city size you can support, i.e. town -> hamlet or Capital -> city rather than losing regions entirely as I have heard is the case. (If that's already changed, then cool).

@Jonsoon, @Eldrylars

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Although I can understand a drive to try to keep larger cities recruiting new players, the excessive costs of building cities is already enough of a cost in my opinion.

I can agree with the numbers listed above, but I personally believe the original requirements of 5 active members is all it should take to maintain any size of township(It's not like we are low on open space) and believe it would benefit the server as the populace will be able to spread out more if the larger towns did not have to binge recruit just to keep regions.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Although I can understand a drive to try to keep larger cities recruiting new players, the excessive costs of building cities is already enough of a cost in my opinion.

I can agree with the numbers listed above, but I personally believe the original requirements of 5 active members is all it should take to maintain any size of township(It's not like we are low on open space) and believe it would benefit the server as the populace will be able to spread out more if the larger towns did not have to binge recruit just to keep regions.
I also would prefer returning to the 5 member requirement, but I was trying to offer a compromise

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's already at 5-10-15-20
As far as I am aware, town citizen requirements for City and Capital are 20 and 40 active citizens (log in w/in 2 weeks). That's an extraordinarily high number as most towns only have around 10 members. Not to mention that there weren't these kind of scaling citizen requirements on previous maps if you wanted to have more room to build and scale.

It's pretty significant disincentive to expand your town, when if you do, you could lose everything you own simply because you didn't quite have enough members to meet the arbitrarily high number.

I think in order to at least reduce the penalty on larger towns, the town citizen requirement should not scale exponentially.

Perhaps
Hamlet 5 citizens
Town 10 citizens
City 15 citizens
Capital 20 citizens
Or even lower (5-7-10-15?), as there weren't these kind of increased hard requirements last map in terms of active player base.

In addition, I feel that if you miss your town citizen requirements, you should be docked to the city size you can support, i.e. town -> hamlet or Capital -> city rather than losing regions entirely as I have heard is the case. (If that's already changed, then cool).

@Jonsoon, @Eldrylars
Making it 5-10-15-25

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
This is still a concern, and I would like to clarify this in the wiki.

So if a town doesn't meet it's minimum cit req, does it (1) lose regions entirely or (2) get downgraded in size?

@Danda @gabizou

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I guess up until this stage, the towns that have been deregioned for insufficient cits have been Small/Hamlet in size...

Does anyone know of a Medium/Town that failed to meet its cit requirements and what happened to it?

@northeaster345 @Eldrylars @ShadowRavynn @please tag anyone else who might have heard/noticed

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Never heard of any instances yet. personally.

This is still a concern, and I would like to clarify this in the wiki.
So if a town doesn't meet it's minimum cit req, does it (1) lose regions entirely or (2) get downgraded in size?
@Danda @gabizou
Next restart.
I'm not 100% sure what happens when they dont.

In my opinion any resizing of regions should also be temporary and automatically re-instated when/if the township fulfills the requirements.

Once a township has paid it's way to an upgrade it should never lose it's size status, just it's region size. If a HUGE township drops from 20 to 10 citizens it should still be considered a HUGE town, but with MEDIUM regions. Once the township gains 5 members, its regions should automatically resize to LARGE. If the township regains it's 20+ members it should fully regain HUGE regions with it.

As stated before, townships costs are through the roof and should not have to be repaid, due to a simple membership mishap.

Although an idiot tax would be acceptable. Maybe 1K per region size?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I believe they downgrade to a size their current citizen count can maintain but @gabizou would need to clarify that one.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
This is so good to hear. I think it's safe to say Volantis has the largest player base, and even when we could manage to get over 40 it seems like a day or two later it would drop below 35ish.