• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion POLL: How can Professions be Improved the best?

How can Professions best be improved?

• Some completely different method not listed here (please specify in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
This is primarily in response to this thread below...

http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/consolidate-the-9-professions-into-3.25291/

In regards to this thread, and others like it, I wanted to post a poll on how Professions could best be improved, but couldn't edit the original thread to include it. So here's a new thread for it. Since some people, like myself, would be cool with multiple options, feel free to choose more than one, but try to keep it down to 2 or 3 tops.

My personal preference would be to scrap Professions, and just have players buy their skills and abilities with coin and/or xp. But since that would require a complete scrap and remake of Heroes RPG, I'd also be cool with just consolidating the 9 Professions down to 3, merging the abilities to give players more to do, but still keeping 2/3 the abilities away from any given player.

Your thoughts?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I think professions are great. Some are kinda pointless, but the other like enchanters, alchemists, smiths, masons, ect, all help to distribute the many non-pvp skills equally. If you had them combined into three professions, then, well, not only would the players be given too many abilities (making them over-powered) but the economies surrounding the current professions would be destroyed (with more people having enchanter and alchemist abilities, they can work for themselves and thus have no use to buy potions, enchanted tools, ect).

I don't think this will promote community and teamwork on the server, and I think we'll go back to the days whereas people will stay in their huts, like in Sanctum, without the need to join a town. :( Towns will also have to seek out less ''profession specific'' players, making it easier for towns to exist with the ''more difficult'' achievements reached (like having a large animal farm, or maybe a place whereas smiths repair armour, ect).

My view: Keep things the way they are. I have not seen any issues with professions since their introduction in Dragongarde. They restrict the player, but ensure people work together.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
i think they fine the way they are now. it adds more variety to your choice and more variety altogether for the server. and i do agree with majoras

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
A major overhaul probably wont happen in this department. It may not be the "best" situation - but its what most things are built on. We're continually working on adding new skills but there's only so much we can do at this point.

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
One small change I would appreciate is to make it cheaper to switch to a mastered profession,
Now it cost 500. I vote for free or almost free change back to a mastered profession.

donaldmax1

Soulsand
One small change I would appreciate is to make it cheaper to switch to a mastered profession,
Now it cost 500. I vote for free or almost free change back to a mastered profession.

If this happened you would need a day on the cool down to stop abuse.

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8

That's a cool idea. And I'd be good with the 1-day cooldown to avoid abuse.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I would like to be able to switch a little more freely, or maybe be able to choose a skill from each MASTERED profession to keep.