• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Staff Position: Town Supervisor

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Perhaps the ability to withdraw from a town bank should be left to the admins? Town owners can PE to have it done I suppose. Otherwise I'm sure it will be abused. Especially when it comes to raiding parties getting stomped and respawning at the GY. If the town owner was in the group they could just withdraw the weapons and armor necessary to re-gear. Of course, there are already people doing that at the forestspires GY using LWCs they can click into from the no-pvp zone, but that's a complaint for another day, and another thread. What I'm saying is that being able to withdraw, even when not in combat, can be used to bring the atrocities of the forestspires GY to EVERY GY.

That and people stashing their items when mining/stashing loot during a raid and all sorts of other situations. Then retrieving them at a later time.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
But I really like Xexo's points, they are very thought out and show experience. He has really good ideas that I feel should be explored, especially concerning the town banks - there are a lot of noobs that just don't understand what needs to be donated and what doesn't that could benefit the town in a different form than it was donated, etc.

and putting more taxes on towns seems crazy too. Us little towns deserve to be a town, we have active people, but people don't want to just login to farm crap to pay taxes, that's going to detract from the game even more. Unless of course, you would like to allow everyone 2 professions like WoW does :D in which case I think should happen any ways... one gathering and one other...

also, that is another reason, I feel, that pvp is going down too.... you have a lot of towns who have to make sure they have all the money and items for upgrades and upkeep - and thats a lot of time spent when you work a full time job and / or have a family besides.... we don't need more "time sinks" - not everyone is lucky enough to have the entire summer off or whatever!

~Ravynn~

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
What about making people able to not whitdraw stuff from the townbank, but simply remove it?
So that you can remove it from the list, but don't get the items..

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
Or only allowing people to desposit/take out from tb when they're within their town regions?

allowing people to deposit and withdraw from their town bank would defeat the point of having a chest, people would store items in the bank and subsequently raiders would not be able to steal any items of value... Withdrawal from the town bank should be kept to non existence in my opinion

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
allowing people to deposit and withdraw from their town bank would defeat the point of having a chest, people would store items in the bank and subsequently raiders would not be able to steal any items of value... Withdrawal from the town bank should be kept to non existence in my opinion

Add a cost to withdrawing/depositing items into the town bank, so people would see it as inferior to using chests because of prices?
Perhaps have items that allow for town upgrading be allowed to be into the bank at no cost?

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
Add a cost to withdrawing/depositing items into the town bank, so people would see it as inferior to using chests because of prices?
Perhaps have items that allow for town upgrading be allowed to be into the bank at no cost?

Okay well if making it cost more and therefore inferior to using chests surely its just a waste of time/inconvenience to the dev team ?

Bedwyr2112

Legacy Supporter 9
That and people stashing their items when mining/stashing loot during a raid and all sorts of other situations. Then retrieving them at a later time.

Well maybe it would possible to limit the use of the townbank so that items could only be deposited or withdrawn while in town regions. I'm sure I will get negative feedback on this, but it could help prevent abuse. The downside is that when gathering materials for town requirements you would have to travel back to town to deposit.

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
Well maybe it would possible to limit the use of the townbank so that items could only be deposited or withdrawn while in town regions. I'm sure I will get negative feedback on this, but it could help prevent abuse. The downside is that when gathering materials for town requirements you would have to travel back to town to deposit.

Deposits could stay global and withdrawals could be made for just town regions but i still think its impractical and would nullify the use of chests as safe storage for items.