• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Mobs not spawning

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
I haven't seen any mobs spawn in >1hr. People in offtopic chat are saying that they aren't seeing any mobs spawn either. This is less of a bug, and probably a server performance issue, but I thought I would post it just so that it gets some visibility.

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
Update: Mob issue is continuing, 59 players online and mob spawns are slim to none during night time on open swampland. In comparison there would be 30+ mobs spawning at night a few days ago.

Leveling in these conditions is near impossible.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
This a minecraft issue, not Herocraft. It is something we have always had to deal with.

There is a limit of mobs that are able to be in the world at one time. Once that limit is reached, little to no mobs will spawn until some are killed around the map. The limit is reached often because mobs spawn underground in caves when a player is around the same chunk, even if they are above ground. These mobs in the caves DO NOT despawn naturally.
Now comes the butcher that wipes all these mobs and gives them a chance to spawn above ground again.

This is the best, and only situation that we have.

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
This a minecraft issue, not Herocraft. It is something we have always had to deal with.

There is a limit of mobs that are able to be in the world at one time. Once that limit is reached, little to no mobs will spawn until some are killed around the map. The limit is reached often because mobs spawn underground in caves when a player is around the same chunk, even if they are above ground. These mobs in the caves DO NOT despawn naturally.
Now comes the butcher that wipes all these mobs and gives them a chance to spawn above ground again.

This is the best, and only situation that we have.
Even with the ratio, the last few nights with minimal people online mob spawning has been nearly non existent. In the past few days let alone week, I play late in the evening when fewer players are on for that reason alone. I am not sure what changed of if a mob cap was put into place. I can tell you that I am positive it is not working as it previously was, whether intentional or not. Leveling in this current state is beyond frusterating as there are simply not enough enemies on to make leveling possible in a reasonable amount of time.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
There's been a recent change / revert in mob-spawning stuff. Working on a fix but there's not much I can do at this moment.

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
There's been a recent change / revert in mob-spawning stuff. Working on a fix but there's not much I can do at this moment.
Thank you for letting us know there is an issue with it. At least I have hope now that a fix will come in the near future. I appreciate you looking into a fix as well, thanks.

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
Last night after the restart entities were spawning at a much better rate. I know there is a fine line between server latency and entity counts. Hopefully the server providers are doing you justice. There is only so much you can do within the limits of your hardware. Or Bukkit may just be awful.

Regardless things were better, thanks!