• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Druid. Problems and Fixes.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I have been Druid since the start of the map, Its not a bad class but its far from being good. I am going to list the problems I have with druid and some solutions.

1. TOO MANY WARMUPS

I will be following a teammate in battle, or to battle. I will go to heal and they will simple walk outta range before the spell goes off. I understand that warmups enable enemies to cancel your skills but does 90% of your combat skills need warm ups.. its just asking to be kicked in the face.

Soothe - 1.5 Sec Warmup 5cd
Rejuvenate 2.0 Sec Warmup 10cd
Healing Bloom 2.5 Sec Warmup 30cd
Regrowth 2.5 sec Warmup 15cd
Bolt 2.5 Sec Warmup. 28cd

Total Warmup time - 11secs

So If Druid were to use each of his heals once, and his highest damage skill. He would be left Vulnerable for 11 secs between using all these skills. From my experience it takes less the half that time for most players to destroy a druid. My town and party members complain constantly about me not being able to keep up with the group, every time i heal anything i slow/stop for 2.5 secs..

2. Buff HealingBloom
You heal members in your party (within 15 blocks), or just yourself if not in a party, for (12 + 0.125 per wisdom point) health points every 2 seconds over 20 seconds. Takes 2.5 seconds to warm up. 30 second cooldown

As the only Aoe team healing skill the druid has, the cooldown is way too long.
The following skills are other aoe heals fellow healers have, i would have listed bloodmage's but they seem to not have one.. :(

Disciple's Chakra has 11sec cooldown, heals for 85+1 per wis
Clerics Divine Blessing 15sec cooldown. heals for 150+2.25 per wis

Last edited:

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Agreed. Cooldowns and warmups are much a hinderance. Why cooldowns? It could be at least mana costly than a long cooldown or long warmup...
Druids stack a lot of wisdom so it should compensate for it's large mana pool and regen with higher costing mana.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
healing bloom really is pretty terrible. in the time it takes to heal your group ~170 health with 40 wisdom, a single wizard can do over 600 aoe damage to your group >>. Rejuvenation is awful as well. Both cleric and druid need some re-work.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Warm ups are fine imo. As someone who mastered Mystic last map it was still somewhat godly with them. The heals and mana costs are what really decide this class.

That time of "Vulnerability" is when you kite. Having master mystic last map I should know. Earthwall+entangle buy you enough time to get more heals and more dmg. Not to mention replenish which is a second wind for mystic.

Although somethings aren't perfect I will say this. Druid/Mystic used correctly can be a godly class.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
i have no problems with warm ups. mystic is a fine 1v1 class, and i guess if you are happy giving a group might you have a purpose in a group, but their healing and especially group healing is pretty sad now compared to last map.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Warm ups are fine imo. As someone who mastered Mystic last map it was still somewhat godly with them. The heals and mana costs are what really decide this class.

That time of "Vulnerability" is when you kite. Having master mystic last map I should know. Earthwall+entangle buy you enough time to get more heals and more dmg. Not to mention replenish which is a second wind for mystic.

Although somethings aren't perfect I will say this. Druid/Mystic used correctly can be a godly class.

Do you have any experience with the class this map?

teddytazer

Soulsand
Mmmm, I didn't intend for healingbloom to be that weak. I must have derped on some numbers along the way.

I'll lower the CD and increase the healing.

Yeah, any fixes would be appreciated. Cause the single target heals are hard as hell to get off considering even if I have the heals bound to certain person's name, the warmups usually slow me down so much they walk/fight outta range. (how many battles do the combatants stay still?)

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Yeah, any fixes would be appreciated. Cause the single target heals are hard as hell to get off considering even if I have the heals bound to certain person's name, the warmups usually slow me down so much they walk/fight outta range. (how many battles do the combatants stay still?)
You should be following them, but it's possible the ranges are too small as well. I'll give those a look-over.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
I'd just like to point out the damage differences between Ire and Bolt. I don't know if it was intended, but they are really close in damage. I'm not sure about the intentions of this. @teddytazer @Dakinara @Dwarfers

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
The damage is close but you can cast bout 3 Ire for every one bolt. As Healer/Support the damage we have now is good.
They're pretty much the same skills.
Bolt however, has only a 10-20hp damage difference while it has a 2.5 second warmup, 30s cooldown and a gunpowder reagent.
Ire has no warmup, 10s cooldown and no reagent.

tl;dr - the costly amount of bost should reflect on its overall damage result.

teddytazer

Soulsand
They're pretty much the same skills.
Bolt however, has only a 10-20hp damage difference while it has a 2.5 second warmup, 30s cooldown and a gunpowder reagent.
Ire has no warmup, 10s cooldown and no reagent.

tl;dr - the costly amount of bost should reflect on its overall damage result.

I agree that bolt could be better being one of the two damage skills druid have. But this class already has the ability to replenish its mana and hp at incredible rates, having the ability to blow people up too would make the class too strong.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
The damage on Ire probably needs to go down, and bolt damage needs to go up. Haven't really given the two numbers a good look-over lately.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
What has happened to this lovely class.....
Currently underplayed, lacks popularity because it is not necessarily the class that works well in the meta.
Although, I look at the positive parts of the class and overall it's high in utility and support.

Ire should be decent damage at the first levels but should have the per level damage and attribute increase slightly smaller to give the skill a good composition when bolt is gained. So at Level 65, Ire won't have much DPS and bolt becomes the larger damage source.