• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Braavos Leaves the Legion of Oblivion

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
As of this post, Braavos will no longer be part of the Legion of Oblivion.

Hopefully this should not come as a surprise to anyone since I have been contemplating this since even before the start of this map. This is no longer the New Tempest that I fell in love with, or the mighty town of Oblivion. LO is now turning into a home for immature trolls which used to have no place in LO.
Braavos has always been a little different than the rest of the Kingdom, and that won't change. We have always had different values and style of playing. It is because of these values and morals, that citizens have even left Braavos in the past!

All the best of luck in the future, LO. Hopefully your Neutral status won't give you cause to raid us during this peaceful secession.

Kind regards,

Jonsoon

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
You know my response on the thread and the forum conversation! Gah - three of the exact same posts. I question the character decisions made in this departure. This will be an arduous road.

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
Im glad to hear this jonsoon! i have always respected you as a leader and even came to you with my troubles within LO. i hope your town finds peace wherever you may go!

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
I can understand why this was done. The quality of some of the members who have joined as of late makes me sad. I left around the time these people started joining. As a matter of fact the decline in the quality of members that were joining was what drove me away. I still love a good amount of you but ya. I wish Braavos the best of luck with their split from LO.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I can understand why this was done. The quality of some of the members who have joined as of late makes me sad. I left around the time these people started joining. As a matter of fact the decline in the quality of members that were joining was what drove me away. I still love a good amount of you but ya. I wish Braavos the best of luck with their split from LO.
I know I have lost multiple people due to this. That is what helped me finally make this decision.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
With Braavos now out of the kingdom, does that mean that Rapture would also be left out (considering Braavos was needed to provide a link from Rapture to Paragon/Verstad)?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
With Braavos now out of the kingdom, does that mean that Rapture would also be left out (considering Braavos was needed to provide a link from Rapture to Paragon/Verstad)?
It's not "out" in the conventional sense. It will be staying in the kingdom with or without Jonsoon.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
It's not "out" in the conventional sense. It will be staying in the kingdom with or without Jonsoon.

If Braavos will stay in the kingdom, then why is it that Jonsoon said:

''As of this post, Braavos will no longer be part of the Legion of Oblivion''

It sounds a lot like Braavos left the kingdom... If there is something i'm missing, can you please say so?

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
If Braavos were to leave the kingdom, it is obvious that it will cutoff Rapture and thus, making requirements for an official Kingdom invalid,

One person making a decision upon affecting 50+ players in which this one person does not have the right and consent from those players to so? Don't think that's gonna happen.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
If Braavos were to leave the kingdom, it is obvious that it will cutoff Rapture and thus, making requirements for an official Kingdom invalid,

One person making a decision upon affecting 50+ players in which this one person does not have the right and consent from those players to so? Don't think that's gonna happen.

Is there a specific rule/guideline about this published by any admin/mod?

10apes

Gold
I think Jonsoon has all the right if he decides to stay or leave the kingdom. He has a point with the fact that there is immature players in the kingdom which is causing his town members to leave. I think if Braavos is losing members constantly because of the immaturity, Jonsoon should leave the kingdom for the good of his town.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I think Jonsoon has all the right if he decides to stay or leave the kingdom. He has a point with the fact that there is immature players in the kingdom which is causing his town members to leave. I think if Braavos is losing members constantly because of the immaturity, Jonsoon should leave the kingdom for the good of his town.

I was wondering this too. I'm not aware of any rules which state that Jonsoon HAS to keep his town in the kingdom. With regards to what Witch said, i'll be interested to see what happens...

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
I was wondering this too. I'm not aware of any rules which state that Jonsoon HAS to keep his town in the kingdom. With regards to what Witch said, i'll be interested to see what happens...
yeah i dont see why a town would be forced to stay in a kingdom, its his town why cant he leave?

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4

Traditionally mayors and mayors alone have had the ability to make the decision about what happens with their towns. Whether it affects a larger number of people or not is not something that has ever been considered. If Jonsoon is unable to make his own decisions for his town it would be a pathetic display of desperation by the server to keep a kingdom on the map.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
In the past history of Herocraft once a town joins an official Kingdom the King of that Kingdom has the authority to choose what towns can join or leave.
In past occurrences when the mayor of a town no longer wanted to be part of the Kingdom and the King did not agree the mayor had the choice to stay with his city in the Kingdom or to have his mayorship transferred to a person of the Kings choosing so he could leave and make a new city elsewhere.

In short, once a township is sworn into a Kingdom the township is and will be part of that Kingdom until it is release by the King.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
In the past history of Herocraft once a town joins an official Kingdom the King of that Kingdom has the authority to choose what towns can join or leave.
In past occurrences when the mayor of a town no longer wanted to be part of the Kingdom and the King did not agree the mayor had the choice to stay with his city in the Kingdom or to have his mayorship transferred to a person of the Kings choosing so he could leave and make a new city elsewhere.

In short, once a township is sworn into a Kingdom the township is and will be part of that Kingdom until it is release by the King.

I don't remember this ever happening in the past (a town wanting to leave an official kingdom). Even if it did happen, there are no clear rules stating it has to be this way, so surely Jonsoon has the right to choose aswell?

Plus, I thought (judging by what Left said above) the ''king'' of LO was fine with this?

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
I am curious. Where is any of this actually posted in the rules? Is there any direct URL that would answer the question? Or possibly Kainzo can at least clarify the rules. As for leaving LO and the accusation that they do have a troll problem, I would have to agree to a degree, some of their players are mature, others are not. I also give you props as a leader for looking out for your citizens honor level. A leader who cares about the reputation that his citizens stand on, is a strong leader.