• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bounty money loss when killed

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I was informed tonight players lose money upon being bountied and being collected. This suggestion will be brief, but I think this should be removed. Its too abuse-able and all it costs is a small portion of coin to fuck over a player you hate. I'm getting mixed answers about it being a percentage or a fee, but either way I personally think it should not be the player being bountied that is punished in coins, most times the players don't even do anything warranting a bounty. Plus the fear of being hunted is large for a lot of players, especially miners and crafters a like.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
I was informed tonight players lose money upon being bountied and being collected. This suggestion will be brief, but I think this should be removed. Its too abuse-able and all it costs is a small portion of coin to fuck over a player you hate. I'm getting mixed answers about it being a percentage or a fee, but either way I personally think it should not be the player being bountied that is punished in coins, most times the players don't even do anything warranting a bounty. Plus the fear of being hunted is large for a lot of players, especially miners and crafters a like.
It is true, one could just chain bounties up and steal money like that.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
That's the point of bounties - there is punishment for having one on you.
The player placing the bounty loses X money. The player that has a bounty on them that is 'claimed' loses x/2 money. The player who claims the bounty gains X-10%

This is a design intent.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
That's the point of bounties - there is punishment for having one on you.
The player placing the bounty loses X money. The player that has a bounty on them that is 'claimed' loses x/2 money. The player who claims the bounty gains X-10%

This is a design intent.
How big bounty do I need to set to drop a person who has 85k to completely 0 coins?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Don't like someone? Got lots of spare money? Put 5K bounty on them, they have to pay 2.5K of it!

:/

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
What happens if you do not got the money to pay the money loss from a bounty when killed?
Do you get a negative amount of money, or does it stop at zero?

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I honestly think this allows players to run the show too much. If money is needed to progress in towns, the mayor or money holder for town is screwed. Not to mention (No offense to these players) but people like Alexhoff or c12 who have lots of cash could employ the server to either submit players into fear or force them to live a poor life.

I understand you want to have bounties with more of a purpose (I honestly think head taunting is enough) but something placed upon someone without any reason other than "I wanted to" (Most times at least) just sounds stupid to me.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
I've had one for 3 days and no one accepts it before they kill me and I got it for buying boosts again lol

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I think it would be a better idea to make it impossible to place bounties and set it up so that when someone gets a 5 ki llstreak they get a 150c bounty, 10 killstreak they get a 300c bounty, 15 KS, 450c bounty, 20KS - 750c bounty, 25 KS - 1000c bounty and so on.

A

alexhoff1

I've had like 15 bounties on me this map, I've lost several grand. It truly doesn't affect my gameplay at all, just makes me a bit poorer. (It also took said money out of the system which is one of kainzos big to-dos from last map if I remember correctly.)

I just have to say something,
85 x2 is 170, plus about 10% original bounty fee subtracted...
roughly 189k not 160k.
:3

I would rather see this changed to X/4 or X/5 - X/2 is just too much.

that's a minimal ammount for a bounty.
X/2 for a 135c bounty, keep in mind its x/2 x= original # - 10% of original #, which is only like 67.5c for a bounty of 135.

I would like it to degrade over time, but a small bounty still needs to have a consequence, as opposed to 27c if it was a x/5. (you could easily vote that back, where the other takes a bit more time to rebuild.)

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I think it would be a better idea to make it impossible to place bounties and set it up so that when someone gets a 5 ki llstreak they get a 150c bounty, 10 killstreak they get a 300c bounty, 15 KS, 450c bounty, 20KS - 750c bounty, 25 KS - 1000c bounty and so on.
um....no, this would severely punish those who pvp. Every time I go on a KS I have to worry about losing money. That idea would kill killstreaks

Digger 360

Coal
This is easy to circumvent... Merly don't sell gold, or buy gold than store it, your wealth can't be touched.