• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Allow a new keybind/macro mod

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
This mos is now LEGAL: http://hc.to/macromod
(Kain edit)
Currently the Allowed-Disallowed Mods thread, makes no mentions of keybinding/macro mods. Oddly, it makes no mention of Spoutcraft. What I'm suggesting is that more macro/keybind mods be allowed other than Improved Chat or SpoutCraft, mainly this one: the Macro/Keybind mod. It offers a much better GUI and keybind system than SpoutCraft or Improved chat. The spoiler below contains a list of features:

Note: Kainzo can disable mod features via permissions. He will need the ClientPermissions plugin. Here's a youtube guide
  • Ridiculously easy to use! Just activate the mod then just press the key you want to bind. No memorizing key codes or names!
  • Bind keys which are already used for something else! Want to put a macro on the number keys or WASD? Using the override function you can use these keys for both their normal function or as macros when you need them.
  • Edit keybinds quickly. Change your binds whenever you want. You can even copy and move macros from key to key with drag 'n drop.
  • Multiple configurations. Different binds in different servers? No problem! It even switches automatically.
  • In-game text editor. Want to make a complex macro? No need to alt-tab to notepad, create and edit text files inside minecraft.
  • Lots of easy-to-use parameters. Lists of friends, automatic responses, warp points, towns, you name it.
  • Scripting! Build custom auto-announcers, time-delay messages, or create your own auto-walk, toggleable-sneak or sprint keys.
  • Custom GUIs! Create your own custom GUI and hook up your macros for instant in-game menus
  • Permissions support, server owners can install the ClientPermissions plugin to remotely control mod features. Guide for server owners

Improved Chat doesn't seem to be officially supported by its developer any longer, and I really don't want a bunch of chat features I don't want/use. Spoutcraft normally takes a while to update, and it also comes with bloat that I don't want/use (minimap, shaders, server texture pack). Some users have told me they can't use Spoutcraft because of performance issues.

It would be nice if this server allowed more alternatives seeing how a major feature of the server, class skills, relies on commands.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Please be more specific. Which features?
Macros mang.
  • In-game text editor. Want to make a complex macro? No need to alt-tab to notepad, create and edit text files inside minecraft.
  • Lots of easy-to-use parameters. Lists of friends, automatic responses, warp points, towns, you name it.
  • Scripting! Build custom auto-announcers, time-delay messages, or create your own auto-walk, toggleable-sneak or sprint keys.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Macros mang.

Macros are not illegal, which is a common misconception. AFK macroing is. A macro is defined as "a rule or pattern that specifies how a certain input sequence (often a sequence of characters) should be mapped to a replacement input sequence (also often a sequence of characters) according to a defined procedure. " If macros are illegal, spoutcraft and improved chat are illegal.

Scripts and complex macros are possible in Improved chat. Auto-walk, toggle-sneak, and sprint keys are in SpoutCraft.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Macros are not illegal, which is a common misconception. AFK macroing is. A macro is defined as "a rule or pattern that specifies how a certain input sequence (often a sequence of characters) should be mapped to a replacement input sequence (also often a sequence of characters) according to a defined procedure. " If macros are illegal, spoutcraft and improved chat are illegal.

Scripts and complex macros are possible in Improved chat. Auto-walk, toggle-sneak, and sprint keys are in SpoutCraft.

Staff has said the mod is illegal because of those things. Maybe you can change that since you seem to have more pull around here.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

To my knowledge Imp chat is not capable of replacing your armour when it breaks or throwing a potion when you're below X hitpoints. The macro mod is capable of this on the other hand and it will not become legal until we can disable features like this server side. You can fully automate in-game tasks with the macro mod which is the reason we do not allow it.

Also whitemage the features you mentioned aren't a problem as spout is also capable of most of those and so is imp chat.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
To my knowledge Imp chat is not capable of replacing your armour when it breaks or throwing a potion when you're below X hitpoints. The macro mod is capable of this on the other hand and it will not become legal until we can disable features like this server side.

Also whitemage the features you mentioned aren't a problem as spout is also capable of most of those and so is imp chat.

That is reasonable, and I honestly didn't know of that feature because he has no mention of it on his main page. I had to do some digging into the documentation to find it.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
Danda

Just curious if there has been any further consideration by staff on the issue of legalizing this (or another) keybind mod for the vanilla client?

Something in the modified HC .jar cuts my fps in half so I can't use it. I'd love a legal keybind mod since item binding skills sucks by comparison to true keybinds.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Danda

Just curious if there has been any further consideration by staff on the issue of legalizing this (or another) keybind mod for the vanilla client?

Something in the modified HC .jar cuts my fps in half so I can't use it. I'd love a legal keybind mod since item binding skills sucks by comparison to true keybinds.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.
Not yet but in the mean time try building your own client so you can play around and try improving your framerate.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Macros mang.

Why should auto walk be illegal?
auto walk has been in vanilla minecraft, since before I started to play (around Beta_1.3)
Simply press the "W + alt on windows/ cmd on mac"
Then you walk forward whitout any need for mods or holding buttons.
to stop press "W" again.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Why should auto walk be illegal?
auto walk has been in vanilla minecraft, since before I started to play (around Beta_1.3)
Simply press the "W + alt on windows/ cmd on mac"
Then you walk forward whitout any need for mods or holding buttons.
to stop press "W" again.

Err, I don't know? I just quoted the features from the thread...

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
FYI I downloaded toggle sprint roughly a week ago and had it for all but 5 minutes. I checked with Kainzo to make sure it was legal and to my surprise it was not. Toggle sprint is no longer in spout (I haven't checked, but this is what I was told) so toggle sprint is disallowed.