• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mortal Online

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
So I just got into Mortal Online, Think minecraft on the herocraft server, but it's a standalone sandbox MMORPG. Pretty much everything except the main cities and the few npcs in them is player made, all the armour/weapons, houses, even entire clan strongholds, all made by players. The most accurate similarity I can think of is that it's pretty much like EVE Online and Oblivion/Morrowind's offspring. First person medieval fantasy roleplaying, in a completely player-ran universe.

Depending on how good I find this game, I might become a bit inactive on HC, I don't know.

If you decide to give MO a try, add me in-game: Auraux

They've just brought out 14-day trials (I actually bought it the day before they released the trials, pretty frustrating lol)

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTjNsGELYF0[/video]

Angusward

Gold
This looks pretty good. I'll check out the trial, though I'm trying to steer clear of MMOs after I finished with EVE. If it combined all the features with a similar combat engine to Mount&Blade...

Sometimes I wish I lived in America.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
Angusward said:
This looks pretty good. I'll check out the trial, though I'm trying to steer clear of MMOs after I finished with EVE. If it combined all the features with a similar combat engine to Mount&Blade...

Sometimes I wish I lived in America.

Well it's really similar with EVE with the whole market thing, the world is literally ran by players. There aren't any NPCs you can buy weapons or armor from, you'll have to buy it from a player who is a blacksmith.

I never played mount&blade, but the mounted combat is basically the same as on foot, except you press forwards to speed up/backwards to slow down your horse (there's three speeds, walking, trotting and galloping) and you can go faster depending on your riding skill and the horse's loyalty to you. If you're not skilled at riding in combat you'll get bucked off a lot too.

Combat isn't as smooth as I'd like it (I was hoping it'd be as smoothed and polished as in Oblivion), but it's still really good. Probably the most in depth game I've ever played tbh, I'd even say it has it's own genre; MMOMS (Massively Multiplayer Online Medieval Simulator).

Think EVE Online, but with intense first person combat, swords, bows and horses and you pretty much have MO.

Also I live in Australia, what does living in America have to do with anything? The game is made and hosted in Sweden or something and I get little to no lag all the way across the world.

Angusward

Gold
Sounds good.

By a mount and blade battle system, I mean a system which applies a damage bonus based on the speed of your weapon relative to the target. M&B has often been praised for its excellent combat system, though it tends to fall short in other areas.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
Angusward said:
Sounds good.

By a mount and blade battle system, I mean a system which applies a damage bonus based on the speed of your weapon relative to the target. M&B has often been praised for its excellent combat system, though it tends to fall short in other areas.

Well I really wouldn't be able to tell you if it has something similar or not; I haven't actually been in mounted combat yet lol. Just try it and find out i guess :p

Angusward

Gold
pyrokinetic said:
Well I really wouldn't be able to tell you if it has something similar or not; I haven't actually been in mounted combat yet lol. Just try it and find out i guess :p
It won't.

Angusward

Gold
Double Post:
It won't download. Speed is stuck at 0.00kbps. Can't get it anywhere else.

FAIL.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
Kainzo said:
I alpha and beta'd it.

Was not impressed with the launch.

Yeah even now that it's released I'd say calling it beta would be stretching it.

Pretty disappointing, it's got a LOT of potential, but it's so un-finished.

TBH I'd like my money back lol, it's not worth it