• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Highway Patrol

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
I would first like to make it clear that I am not suggesting a player-run highway patrol against griefers. Instead, we could effectively have a permanent highway patrol if the roads from the herogates were made into protected regions. In the meantime, the Golden and Emerald roads are in need of serious repairs. I have already tidied up Sapphire and Ruby and will try to figure out the exact pattern going on at Emerald, but I think my proposition would ensure that the players who created the roads on their own initiative receive the respect for their creative efforts that they deserve.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@Zaspar while I imagine that those who created the roads do not wish to see their creations torn to shreds, the griefing rule was taken out many moons ago, and without the ability for mods and admins to enforce it, griefing will be here to stay. It is currently a tough road (no pun intended) for those who wish to beautify and make Atlas more functional when there are no protections in place outside personal regions and towns (and that is marginal currently as well with TNT).

I would suggest that those who often take the castles put more energy into it than those who do not, given that only three towns or so vie for those castles anymore anyway, so it benefits those towns to actually do the upkeep on the paths.

-yav

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
@Zaspar while I imagine that those who created the roads do not wish to see their creations torn to shreds, the griefing rule was taken out many moons ago, and without the ability for mods and admins to enforce it, griefing will be here to stay. It is currently a tough road (no pun intended) for those who wish to beautify and make Atlas more functional when there are no protections in place outside personal regions and towns (and that is marginal currently as well with TNT).

I would suggest that those who often take the castles put more energy into it than those who do not, given that only three towns or so vie for those castles anymore anyway, so it benefits those towns to actually do the upkeep on the paths.

-yav

Good idea. I actually just put some temp fixes in for Emerald and Golden. Emerald's many missing blocks have been all filled in with cobble, which can be replaced with appropriately-patterned blocks later. The dirt patches on the Golden road have been removed and replaced with proper cobble slabs. I also took down the ugly wool structures near the castle.