• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Errors when trying to log in

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
Until now, after a few tries, I was able to log into Herocraft using the patcher and port 1284. Maybe it's not just me, but I can't check IRC because I pissed lucky off. Anyways, I keep getting one of the following messages when I log in, usually once it says "downloading terrain."
-Internal Exception: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte (The number here is usually 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 8)
-Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 98

Can someone much more intelligent than I let me know what these messages mean or how to fix the problem?

psychojake

Glowing Redstone
I heard Notch screwed with MC so now that it auto-updates and we can't patch it to a lower version. :(

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
So, either we play on the test server or we don't play at all for now? Also, the future looks a little brighter- I recall notch posting that updating would be optional, rather than automatic, eventually.

Chaz8591

Legacy Supporter 5
I managed to get past the auto-update... not sure how, but I used the MCSwitcher about 3 times, then It didn't auto-update.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
"Failed to connect to server

Connection timed out: connect"

For the last 3 hours :(

Was about to build something epic lol!

Saber993

Legacy Supporter 5
Symbolite said:
"Failed to connect to server

Connection timed out: connect"

For the last 3 hours :(

Was about to build something epic lol!

The server is currently down. Don't know what happened but we've just got to play the waiting game for now. Just chill and find something else to do til tomorrow. :]

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's not a terrorist attack - I'm on the phone with the ISP - it will be resolved soon. (FYI - now is the best time to shower/shave!)