• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Couple Suggestions

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Dreadknight:
  • lower Stamina cost of Soulleech from 400-250
  • Lower health cost of Harmtouch from 75-30
  • Decrease Warmup of Terror from 1 Sec- .5 Sec
Berserker:
  • Decrease Cooldown of Blooddrinker from 40-30
  • Decrease Cooldown of Headbutt from 40-30 (both the other stuns are 30)
Dragoon:
  • Increase Disarm Cooldown from 10-16 Seconds
  • Lower Stamina cost of Disarm from 350-275
Samurai/Honorblade:
  • Lower InfernoBlade's damage from 250+ 1 per int to 100+ 1 per int (That shit is op, idk how this is still in)
  • Some of the scalings are messed up in the configs, need to discuss
Paladin/Crusader:
  • Lower Strike Stamina Cost from 350-250 (Samurai/Goon are at 200)
  • Increase Taunt's Cooldown from 10 seconds to 18 Seconds
  • Remove Damage from Reckoning
  • Lower Warmup of Absolution from 2.5-2 Seconds
  • Lower Base Left click Damage from 43-40
  • Actually have Consecration heal (coding thing)
Bard/Minstrel
  • Lower Stamina cost of Kick from 300-200
  • Lower Stamina cost of Accelerando from 300-200
  • Lower Stamina cost of DoomstarReqiuem from 400-250
Necromancer/Defiler
  • Increase Bonespear base damage from 80-90 (I think we were all salty and hit the class a little too hard)
Bloodmage:
  • Add Chainmail Leggings
  • Set a Cap at how much boil blood can heal when combined with blood union (idk how hard this is to code)
Runeblade:
  • Increase Cooldown of Firerune from 10-15 seconds
  • Lower Cooldown of Arcanetransfer from 45-30
Cleric:
  • Lower Warmup of SacredTouch from 3-2 Seconds
  • Lower Cooldown of Sacredhymn from 3 Minutes - 1 Minute
  • Lower Scaling of Smite from 1.25-75 against players
  • Lower Scaling of Wrath from 1.5- 1 against players
@Balance Team @Kainzo

I know there's a lot here, let's discuss.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Always up for bard or necro changes.

I'm interested though, why the removal of damage from reckoning instead of just a damage decrease?
I wasn't the best pally player so I'm a little in the dark.

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Always up for bard or me to changes.

I'm interested though, why the removal of damage from reckoning instead of just a damage decrease?
I wasn't the best pally player so I'm a little in the dark.
Just trying to remove a little damage from paladin, I still think the class packs too much of a punch.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Dreadknight:
  • lower Stamina cost of Soulleech from 400-250
Berserker:
Dragoon:
Samurai/Honorblade:
  • Lower InfernoBlade's damage from 250+ 1 per int to 100+ 1 per int (That shit is op, idk how this is still in)
Paladin/Crusader:
Bard/Minstrel
Necromancer/Defiler
  • Increase Bonespear base damage from 80-90 (I think we were all salty and hit the class a little too hard)
Bloodmage:
  • Add Chainmail Leggings
  • Set a Cap at how much boil blood can heal when combined with blood union (idk how hard this is to code)
Runeblade:
Cleric:
@Balance Team @Kainzo

I know there's a lot here, let's discuss.
Disarm will be reverted and I think it should not be changed besides that right now. Paladin should have the higher stamina cost for strike not only does it make since with lore, IE heavy armor more stamina, if we lower it then it can use another skill in its rotation, I agree with the absolution and the reckoning nerf, taunt should be left alone and consecration should do something. I like that Bard would be getting less stamina usage but the amounts you said are too drastic, lower kick to 200 since voidsong is an AoE silence and costs less stamina than a single target silence, leave accelerando alone and lower the stamina cost of DoomStarRequiem to 300. Bloodmage of course should have a cap just coding issues. Runeblade I think is fine the way it is. The rest of the changes I agree with.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
@Balance Team
Can you guys meet tomorrow at 5 PM? We can go through these and some other changes I have in mind.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Save it for monday, thats when the scheduled meeting is, a lot of these changes are not urgent
I don't like having to wait a week all the time for changes, let's just meet and get it over with.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I don't like having to wait a week all the time for changes, let's just meet and get it over with.
I wont be able to and its too short notice, this is not up to you either, I am sure others will not be able to meet tomorrow so it would make more sense to wait until the scheduled time. Use the forums, I said my opinions on you post, others will also, on average we have about 2-3 each meeting and since you are calling a short notice meeting there will be you and maybe one other. If Kainzo wants to call a meeting he will. Also since these are more changes than we usually do in one meeting waiting until the whole team can be there would be wise, neither you nor I are the whole team and be patient.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I actually will not be able to be present at any of the next balance meetings for the rest of this semester as I have a class that directly conflicts with them. That aside I can still offer my opinion on these suggestions.

Dreadknight:
  • Lower Stamina cost of Soulleech from 400-250

I don't see any issues with this. The class is underplayed and needs some more love added to it. I like the harm touch change as it has been changed to what it once was before.

Berserker:
Same as above, this class needs some more love, and 40 sec on a stun is far too long in my opinion.

Dragoon:
Agree with the disarm change, I think this will bring Dragoon from the pedestal that it is on right now compared to the other warriors

Samurai/Honorblade:
Honestly InfernoBlade is still like that because no one plays honor blade anymore. If people start to play it, I agree with the changes.

Paladin/Crusader:
I'm not sure I agree with the increase in the Taunt cool down completely. Seeing as intervene is pretty much useless in most situations, at least in my experience, taunt is a realizable way to help take the heat off other players in your party. And Consecration, please fix, more useless skill in the whole game right now.

Bard/Minstrel
Ok this seems fine to hopefully get more people to play bard.

Necromancer/Defiler
It was brought down quite a lot but at the time other skills were doing damage that were not supposed too. I can see this as a viable change.
Bloodmage:
  • Add Chainmail Leggings
I'm eh about the chainmail leggings, Bloodmage is already one of the strongest healers and too me doesn't seem like it needs any more buffs.

Runeblade:
Assuming that the timerune was fixed an increased Fire rune would only hurt the class in the heat of a battle. Makes the class more likely to die in a 1v1 I guess. Can see it happening

Cleric:
Seeing as Sacredhymn can no longer target(I'm pretty sure) I don't see an issue with lowering it. Give people more reason to play the healers.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I actually will not be able to be present at any of the next balance meetings for the rest of this semester as I have a class that directly conflicts with them. That aside I can still offer my opinion on these suggestions.

I don't see any issues with this. The class is underplayed and needs some more love added to it. I like the harm touch change as it has been changed to what it once was before.

Same as above, this class needs some more love, and 40 sec on a stun is far too long in my opinion.

Agree with the disarm change, I think this will bring Dragoon from the pedestal that it is on right now compared to the other warriors

Honestly InfernoBlade is still like that because no one plays honor blade anymore. If people start to play it, I agree with the changes.

I'm not sure I agree with the increase in the Taunt cool down completely. Seeing as intervene is pretty much useless in most situations, at least in my experience, taunt is a realizable way to help take the heat off other players in your party. And Consecration, please fix, more useless skill in the whole game right now.

Ok this seems fine to hopefully get more people to play bard.

It was brought down quite a lot but at the time other skills were doing damage that were not supposed too. I can see this as a viable change.

I'm eh about the chainmail leggings, Bloodmage is already one of the strongest healers and too me doesn't seem like it needs any more buffs.

Assuming that the timerune was fixed an increased Fire rune would only hurt the class in the heat of a battle. Makes the class more likely to die in a 1v1 I guess. Can see it happening

Seeing as Sacredhymn can no longer target(I'm pretty sure) I don't see an issue with lowering it. Give people more reason to play the healers.
Thanks for the feedback. I can probably agree to go without the taunt change. We could work to get intervene to be a lot more efficient. I'm just not a fan of spammable % damage reduction.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
We could work to get intervene to be a lot more efficient.

To me that would be the best possible solution, making it so the paladin really has to work to protect his teammates in a battle and make the overall experience more active. I'm not really sure on anyways that it would be possible to properly implement any kind of changes of that type.

Also just remembered, not sure if it was said in during the meeting,

But I feel the stat boosting skills, blessing, alacrity etc should get a buff, i.e. costing less gold to use. Pretty much no one uses them and I would like them to see people running around to use them.

Last edited:

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
To me that would be the best possible solution, making it so the paladin really has to work to protect his teammates in a battle and make the overall experience more active. I'm not really sure on anyways that it would be possible to properly implement any kind of changes of that type.

Also just remembered, not sure if it was said in during the meeting,

But I feel the stat boosting skills, blessing, alacrity etc should get a buff, i.e. costing less gold to use. Pretty much no one uses them and I would like them to see people running around to use them.
Ya we mentioned that and I agree intervene should be a skill again, right now its garbage and it would be good to see that skill being used over others, especially since paladin is in a horrible position right now.