• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1.4.6 is HERE! DONT UPDATE IF YOU WANT TO PLAY HC!

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Or if you want the 1.4.5 With the mods already installed, locate my thread under Herocraft Member Discussion!

When the SERVER UPDATES to 1.4.6, I will update the jar located there.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I didn't think you could distribute jar files?

Theres a difference between what your talking about, and what we're doing.

Some people don't know how to install mods themselves, and how else are you going to downgrade if you accidentally update?

We are not Illegally Modifying the jar in ways that steals from Mojang, or anything like that.

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
Giving scribes enchanting books would be the only logical choice here. Also, firework animations being tied into skills will be sexy.

tl;dr Anvils on plz

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I don't keep up with everything minecraft related - what are enchanting books?
You can enchant books for enchantments, or find them in dungeon chests. When you combine an item and enchanted book in an anvil, the item gets the enchant. This way, even blocks apparently can get enchants if it isnt a glitch. Something enchantment book related skill would be nice for Enchanters.

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't keep up with everything minecraft related - what are enchanting books?

Expanded on enchanted books

• Silk Touch can now be applied to shears on the anvil, cobweb can be harvested this way
  • Can now be found in loot chests and by trading with villagers
  • Unbreaking can now be applied to anything with durability
  • Efficiency can now be applied to shears
  • Sword enchants can now be applied to axes - via
More or less, you can enchant a book at the enchantment table just like normal tools and armor. Once enchanted that book can then be applied to other items, like unbreaking 3 to a diamond chestplate, or fire aspect to a spade.
This would offer some phenomenal utility and value to scribes if they were able to perform this with the upcoming update. On top of that, enchanters still retain their value as they are able to enchant 1 item and possibly get two or more enchants.
Finally this has to be done via the anvil to apply the enchantments. This screenshot here shows the process.
Y9uLh.png

Hope this informs you and has generates some buzz for the future of herocraft!