• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Starter Book for Noobs

KleenX

Iron
I have noticed many noobs in tour chat ask so many questions that are left unanswered or are hard to find in tut island. In fact, I have seen tutorial island and it seems more of a nicely built RP island then a tut island. It doesn't give much starting info at all...

Much like HeroBook I think a starting book should be implemented that maybe teaches new people some useful commands, info about classes, faqs, tips on getting started, a well written guide. This could be the complete guide on Herocraft. I would even write the guide, however I think that my writing skill are not up to par with many so I think that maybe someone else should write it... I would like to advise people what to add in though. This book could be given to noobs when they first join and could be regained with a command. I think that currently many noobs feel overwhelmed with the information that they need to know. This should certainly be colored real nice and important info should be bolded. Basically, it should just look pretty so noobs are more likely to read it.

I also think that this book should be written by a player, or even multiple players.

Also not the best at writing suggestions. Post your thoughts in the comments :)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Just saying this would be like a 50-60 page book lol

Kyren_

Stone
I think we could break it down to maximum 10 pages. I suggest..

Classes & Professions (Very short explanations of them and commands, mention of the 250c you've got to pay)
Leveling Class & Profession
Earning Money
What am I allowed to do?
What can I do when I get griefed?
What are towns?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I think we could break it down to maximum 10 pages. I suggest..

Classes & Professions (Very short explanations of them and commands, mention of the 250c you've got to pay)
Leveling Class & Profession
Earning Money
What am I allowed to do?
What can I do when I get griefed?
What are towns?

Realistically you need like one page for each class that's 16 pages right off the bat.

Kyren_

Stone
Hmm, even if we just stated like..

Healer - Wears Light Armor and Hoes and can heal allies
Cleric - Wears medium armor and Hoes, has several healing skills, can revive fallen friends

Warrior - Wears ...

Or would that be too little information?

KleenX

Iron
Also I was thinking we could have
1)First page table of contents(intro w/e is here)
2)Herochat infomation such as /ch command
3)Hero commands(give commands so noob know how to get more info on classes)
4)Starter class info
5)Quick Starter Guide
6)Towns infomation
7)FAQ

CaptnCupcake

Glowing Redstone
This is a wonderful idea. As a new player I found the system a little overwhelming. It wasn't until a frustrated /bind smite let me use smite with a wood block >.> I didn't expect it to work like that cause there was no instruction on how to use your skills. At first I kept thinking it was a type out system, and almost gave up because typing in battle while trying to move is a little much... Look at me rambling..... Oh well that's my opinion. Once you get it built tell me, cause while the wiki is full of info, having a ig reference guide would be very nice. :3

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This is a wonderful idea. As a new player I found the system a little overwhelming. It wasn't until a frustrated /bind smite let me use smite with a wood block >.> I didn't expect it to work like that cause there was no instruction on how to use your skills. At first I kept thinking it was a type out system, and almost gave up because typing in battle while trying to move is a little much... Look at me rambling..... Oh well that's my opinion. Once you get it built tell me, cause while the wiki is full of info, having a ig reference guide would be very nice. :3
Glad to see you're somewhat becoming integrated!

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
More alerts of "/hero help is the place to go for in-game commands" could allow people to answer their own questions a bit more easily.