• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Melee Abilities Going Through Armor

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I just did some testing with a few abilities, and it appears that all melee abilities are currently going through the player's armor.

I've confirmed that this is 100% true when using Bash, Cleave, Spear, and Impale, but I haven't tested it on others yet. Imagine it is the same with Kick too. Impale I believe is supposed to do this, but I'm not sure about Spear.

Is this intentional? I was under the impression that all melee abilities were meant to take into account the person's armor other than Eviscerate, Impale, and Bleed effects like Strike / Disgrace / MortalWound.

I believe this is a very bad bug that is having a large effect on the current balance of PVP.

Kainzo , thoughts?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yes, it is intentional that some goes through armor :)
However, Bash is definitely one that should not.

Eviscerate should, etc.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Yes, it is intentional that some goes through armor :)
Including Bash, Cleave, and Kick? Because it's not just "some" that are going through--it's all. Currently, I do not think there is a single ability on the server that actually gets reduced by armor.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Including Bash, Cleave, and Kick? Because it's not just "some" that are going through--it's all. Currently, I do not think there is a single ability on the server that actually gets reduced by armor.
Tbh, armor plays too large of a role in mitigating damage. It is not intended that all skills are cutting through armor, though.

What kind of tests did you do and what server did you test on? What was your armor used, health after / before - need a tad more info if possible.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Tbh, armor plays too large of a role in mitigating damage. It is not intended that all skills are cutting through armor, though.

What kind of tests did you do and what server did you test on? What was your armor used, health after / before - need a tad more info if possible.
I tested on the main Herocraft server.

I had a townmate wear his full armor capabilities (It was a ninja, so chain helmet, leather chestpiece, leather leggings, leather boots) I hit him with Cleave. I had the player /hp before and after to ensure the numbers were correct. I subtracted their current HP against their previous HP and it totaled out to be 135 damage.

I had them take all of their armor off, and I repeated the test. It still did 135 damage.

I did this exact test with Cleave, Bash and Kick. I did not test any other abilities. Obviously, the numbers were different between each ability, but the individual damage each skill dealt was consistent with the damage listed each tooltip, regardless of armor usage.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I tested on the main Herocraft server.

I had a townmate wear his full armor capabilities (It was a ninja, so chain helmet, leather chestpiece, leather leggings, leather boots) I hit him with Cleave. I had the player /hp before and after to ensure the numbers were correct. I subtracted their current HP against their previous HP and it totaled out to be 135 damage.

I had them take all of their armor off, and I repeated the test. It still did 135 damage.

I did this exact test with Cleave, Bash and Kick. I did not test any other abilities. Obviously, the numbers were different between each ability, but the individual damage each skill dealt was consistent with the damage listed each tooltip, regardless of armor usage.
K - we need to do more testing on test, Bash shouldnt be cutting through armor.