• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Heroes Quiz

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
Guides Proctors

Hey guys! I'm sure you've all had someone ask in /ch xtour, "What class is best?" or "What class should I use?". I came up with a solution. I created an online quiz that will recommend a class to them! Its not always perfect in telling them what they are or reading into them, no two people are the same. But it will give them a great start and great help when they're confused on different classes. Try it yourself at tiny.cc/yourhero and then toss that URL out in xTour the next time someone asks. <3

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Hmm, can't get the questions to load on my phone, but lets see if we can't get a Moderators or Davros_ create a hc.to link

WendyMarvell

Legacy Supporter 3
Interesting, interesting. It gave me Caster which is what I'm currently playing as :p

It'd be great to get an hc.to link, as Jon said.

I'll see if any newbies want to try it out.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Caster, but I definitely learned of a guild that I'd be interested in joining :D Of course though, with all my projects I've piled on my plate, I may pass on researching the guild (Department of Public Works).

kongrave

Portal
I don't want to pick any of the guilds and a few of these questions make no sense in deciding what class you should play. O_O

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I got caster when I prefer rouge :p

You should tailor your questions more towards gameplay mechanics and not player politics.

For example, of course I'm going to pick The Academy guild because it's so classy it hurts, but that's probably why I rolled caster.

I'm a Ninja because I can use stealth to avoid pvp. When I must PVP, I sneak up on people and run. It works in an urban/controlled/or dense setting, but not out in the open.

Of course, that would imply making your quiz results pick their spec too :p Since they are so specific. Make the test longer! It's a fun idea :p

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
Post ideas for questions to ask here and I can place them and remake the quiz on a latter date. I would like to have about 25 questions. Again, this is just for newer players to help them pick a class ;)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Guides Proctors

Hey guys! I'm sure you've all had someone ask in /ch xtour, "What class is best?" or "What class should I use?". I came up with a solution. I created an online quiz that will recommend a class to them! Its not always perfect in telling them what they are or reading into them, no two people are the same. But it will give them a great start and great help when they're confused on different classes. Try it yourself at tiny.cc/yourhero and then toss that URL out in xTour the next time someone asks. <3
It seems fine, but please remake the quiz with 100% less spelling errors and other grammatical errors ;) - you also duplicate several answers...

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
I got warrior and that was exactly what I was thinking and what duplicate errors Kainzo?

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
The duplicated answer was intentional for that single question. Alright! I'll remake it and we will hc.to it. However! I would like to get 15 new questions that weren't already used! So throw em out below!

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
I got caster but I hate caster and never want to be a caster again.....

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
The duplicated answer was intentional for that single question. Alright! I'll remake it and we will hc.to it. However! I would like to get 15 new questions that weren't already used! So throw em out below!
Questions, you say? How about....

1. You're faced with a group of Mobs. What do you prefer doing?
    - Using range abilities to kite them around (Rogue)
    - Take them all on. All the pain. (Warrior)
    - Use AOE attacks and special abilities (Caster)
    - Run for safety (Healer)
  2. It's time to duel! Your preferred role in group combat is:
    - Bulldozer (Warrior)
    - Sharp Shooter (Rogue)
    - Group Support (Healer)
    - Support Damage (Caster)
  3. Your base is under attack! What do you do?!
    - Taunt the enemy and lead them into an ambush (Caster)
    - Hide and buff the defenders (Healer)
    - Find the nearest sniper pit (Rogue)
    - Go head to head with the attackers (Warrior)
  4. What do you spend most of your time doing?
    - Mining (Caster)
    - Raiding (Rogue)
    - Building (Warrior)
    - Chilling (Healer)
  5. You want to level. How do you grind?
    - Kiting monsters around, all day long (Rogue)
    - Perfecting perfectly-timed attacks (Healer)
    - Take them on as you find them (Caster)
    - Scattered, attacking anything and everything that moves (Warrior)
  6. What is your PVP Group-size preference?
    - Me, Myself, and I (Warrior)
    - One or two other people (Caster)
    - A medium-sized group of people (Rogue)
    - I won't fight without a large party (Healer)

That's all I got. Feel free to change up the answers as I'm not sure if all of my correspondences are completely accurate.

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8
After this we should create a profession quiz and maybe even mini-quizzes that branch off from each path to help people determine which spec'ed class they want to choose.

I know some people already decide which spec'ed class they want but I still run into a lot of people here and there who master Rogue or Caster and can't figure out which class they want to try more.

I can probably come up with questions for each of those if needed.