• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Forum Tabs ...

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
I like it kind of. You should put all the subforums under official townships as their own thing in the township tab though. Like what you did with other games.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
How about this:

TAB 1: HEROCRAFT

ADMIN
  • Announcements
  • Rules
  • Patches
  • Ban / Mute Appeals
APPLICATIONS
  • Whitelist
  • Proctor|Guide|Mod
  • Herald|Lore|Architect
  • Coder|Designer
TAB 2: HEROES ON BASTION

HEROES
  • Suggestions
  • Questions
  • Bug Reporting
  • Exploit Reporting
  • Wiki
BASTION
  • Trade
  • Townships
  • Guilds
  • Diplomacy / War
  • The Graveyard
TAB 3: MEMBERS & SUPPORTERS

MEMBERS
  • Introductions
  • Guides
  • Screenshots / Artwork
  • Leave / Absence
SUPPORTERS
  • Supporter Area
TAB 4: OFF-TOPIC

GENERAL
OTHER GAMES

Notes:
  • Herald apps moved in with Lore and Architect
  • New area for Questions - for seeking clarification on how things work (often done in ingame chat, but would be handy to have a forums area)
  • Guides isn't in the right spot... but was trying to keep the number of subareas to 5 so they fit. Maybe Guides needs to go to a new area for New Members.
  • One Townships section only - ones in planning should say [In Planning] in the title, not [Hamlet]

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
idk if I like it, I found everything in one place and it was easy to navigate, now its in 4 separate pages that I need to navigate to see everything.... just seems counterproductive to me.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
idk if I like it, I found everything in one place and it was easy to navigate, now its in 4 separate pages that I need to navigate to see everything.... just seems counterproductive to me.
We're branching out into more servers... more areas.

Right now, as a "staff" I have 6 tabs and they are all filled with pages of forums.

The ultimate goal is to have 1 tab for 1 server.

General| Supporters | RPG | HeroGames | Creative

MegaRain95

Stone
Tabs should be something like "contact moderators", "Townships", "Announcements", and "General". Be a great way to navigate the forums.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Herald apps are in the right place. It's considered an "Out of Game" staff position much like coder and designer is. Architect and Lore are "RP Staff" positions. As they write and design all the nerdy stuff were into onto the game.
I'd be willing to argue about the Architect position as it's a pretty important position in regards to almost all HC servers (Creative, we'll be making some pretty nice lobbies and for RPG, of course you know what we do, and HungerGames, we will be making the arenas at one point). I don't know, I was thinking we could revamp what the Architect does and the true meaning of Architect to HC, with the introduction of the Creative server, we can definitely harness a lot of creative power of some people otherwise never known to us.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I'd be willing to argue about the Architect position as it's a pretty important position in regards to almost all HC servers (Creative, we'll be making some pretty nice lobbies and for RPG, of course you know what we do, and HungerGames, we will be making the arenas at one point). I don't know, I was thinking we could revamp what the Architect does and the true meaning of Architect to HC, with the introduction of the Creative server, we can definitely harness a lot of creative power of some people otherwise never known to us.

If it means more staff-made structures in Bastion (like another city like spawn for events maybe?) I'm all for Architect team reform!

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Can anyone find balance forums? I do not see it on the full menu or on any tab.

edit: Balance team/staff with access are the only ones who could see this prior to forum shuffling, so I expect it IS related to perms, Witch. C12 confirmed in a forum convo that he could not see it immediately post-shuffle either.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Dsa, is that an area that only the Balance Team have access to? (I haven't seen it before.) If so, maybe the perms need to be sorted out, eh?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Can anyone find balance forums? I do not see it on the full menu or on any tab.

edit: Balance team/staff with access are the only ones who could see this prior to forum shuffling, so I expect it IS related to perms, Witch. C12 confirmed in a forum convo that he could not see it immediately post-shuffle either.
It's being re-done, will be fixed soon

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
HeroCrafters,

After looking at the current layout we have this is the best layout I could come up with to better organize things.

* means this will be the name of the tab
One - means this will be the title of the “Parent Forum”
Two – means this will be the sub-forum of the parent forum it is listed under.

Anything that I want to explain will have a number in () next to it and at the bottom of the page will be the number inside the () with the explanation. If they have the same number next to them that means the explanation is the same for those two things.

Lets get started:

*Public*
-Announcements
--Rules
--Patches
--Site Updates (1)

-Applications
--Proctor | Guide | Mod
--Lore | Architect
--Coder | Herald | Designer | Balance

-Suggestions (2)
--Server Suggestions (2)
--Site Suggestions (1)
--Suggestions Being Implemented (3)

- Resolution Center
--Report a Player (4)
--Ban Appeal
--Mute Appeal
--Bug Reporting
--Exploit Reporting

-General
--Single Player Discussion (5)

-Off Topic

-Supporter Area

*HeroCraft*
-HeroCraft Discussion
--Introductions
--Lore / Roleplay
--Leave / Absence

-Guides

-Trade
--Shops

-Townships
--Guilds
--Diplomacy
--The Graveyard

-Graphics / Media

*Creative*
-General
-Applications
-Appeals

*HeroGames*
-Appeals
-Bug Reporting

*Other Games*
-General Games
-League of Legends
-Battlefield 3
-Path of Exile
-Guild Wars 2

1.This sub forum would take the topics from “site related” that are suggestion and put them in a place they belong so “site related” can be renamed to “Site Updates.”
2.The reason I would like to create this new forum is so all suggestions are able to be found in one convenient place. I suggest making tags for different servers that people can select in the drop down menu so for example: HeroCraft, Creative, ETC. This way it is easy to determine what server the suggestion is for.
3.This sub forum would just allow people to know what suggestions are being worked on. This is just to get things more organized and easier to understand. After the suggestions are completed then staff can simply lock the thread and leave it in this forum for later reference if needed.
4.I believe this forum should be added for a couple of reasons. But the main reason is to provide a place for people to supply the evidence of a PE they created. For instance some reports ask for photo proof. If this forum was made I will gladly make a template for users to use that would have them supply the PE number they created so staff can easily link the two together and get all the evidence. This would also require special permissions so people that get reported would not be able to start anything on the topic.
5.I feel like this forum is not very active and should not be its own forum so it should just be placed here.

*Side Note* There is a lot of information not included in this because it is so detailed already. I know I left some things out so if you want to move forward with this just inform me and I will get on TeamSpeak or another program. Also I am obviously not able to see all of the staff rooms but if you would like to me see if any of that could use some organizing just shoot me a pm with a screenshot and I will do it through a PM so not everyone knows about the setup of the staff rooms.