• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Flint Of the West

Looking good?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

leap1

Iron
Name: Flint John McCallister

__Flint___by_LordOfPastries_by_Mother_3_Fans.jpg

Flint~ By LordOfPastries​

Physical Description: Lean and tall, about 6’3’’ in height and 237 pounds. His Upper Body and Lower Body are extremely muscular. Flint wear’s a brown Stetson Buffalo felt pinch front western hat, with a red scarf around his large neck. Lower down the line, He wears a tan button down wrinkled shirt, with matching pants. Flint wears a pair of Laredo Lizard print wingtip boots, and a Laredo Alligator skin belt. Flint is considered a very buff and rugged man with a whispery beard growing alongside his chin. His eyes flare a dark green, and his hair is a dirty muddy color shade of brown. He wears his wife’s necklace as a memento to her most recent death. Flint has no piercing or tattoos on his body, but simply a few scratches and scars across his arms and legs, nothing harsh.

Personality:
Despite his appearance towards others, Flint is rather kind hearted and loving. He is head strong with his decisions and always allows others to add their input. Flint believes that family comes before anything, even work. His extreme tenderness allows him to befriend even the most terrible of fiends. Flint on his free time enjoys writing and reading stories told by oral tradition. Flint though his time has wished to be a scribe for his local church.
Flint has had troubles in the past to where he had to release a large amount of courage and loyalty to many in front of him. He is rather shy in public and pretends to be unknown to many he had seen. Uneducated, Flint has trouble comprehending things spoken towards him directly. He over a period of time had taught himself how to read and write correctly.
When people mention Flint’s wife or children, he winces a bit and usually leaves before he starts a scene. He has been issued over a while, and had been thrown in Tazmily Jail a few times. Mentioning his wife towards him, sparks a fire in his stomach and makes Flint go into a fit of rage. He had been upset since then with a depressive outlook on others. Flint wishes to reject everything that had happened in his life and start a new, but something lunging into his heart stops him at all costs. He is indeed trapped in a void of sorrow.

:-: Weapons :-:
Požární střelec [Bow]-
A good friend of Flint had given him a bow as a gift of gratitude for saving Lighter’s son Fuel in the Forest fire that same year. The Bow is enchanted with Power V, making it the most powerful bow that had ever entered Tazmily Village. One arrow and you would be split in half with how much utter force this bow can push out. The bow itself had been thrown into an open flame, by Flint, when he had heard of his wife’s unexpected death. The bow was then charred into a Power V Flame I making it more powerful and deadly.

Vornwark [Spear] –
After Branson had found the Drago Fang in Flint’s wife’s chest, he had made it into a spear of death. The Drago Fang contains a toxin that immediately poisons your body when penetrated through open flesh. The only possible way to survive this is if you had an antidote along your side. Branson, the Tazmily blacksmith, gave this to Flint as a sign of honor and respect towards him for his loss. Flint has hanged it up in his house, where it stays as a pure memory.

leap1

Iron
Life Story:
Huge, billowing plumes of smoke rose from the pillars of red and orange heat that the fire was. All that could be heard was the ferocious roar of the flames and the terrified cries of the native animals as they tried desperately to escape the firey prison.

Nearby in Tazmily Village, things weren't much better. The town was in utter shock at the news that the Sunshine Forest had caught fire. How could something like this happen?
A somewhat bulky man in a red shirt and white hat was sprinting south as fast as his legs could carry him. The townsfolk nearby couldn't help but follow suit, running around to try and spread word about the danger that lay to the north. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, thought the man as he ran past the frantic village and neared the ocean, I really hope he's home, we need his help! Oh, dear! He scurried up to the nice, cozy cabin that overlooked the ocean, complete with an occupied dog house, and knocked as loud as he could manage.

*THUD*

The man who sat patiently at the table inside the cabin looked up surprised at the sudden noise. "Flint! Flint, Flint!!!!! It's a fire, a fire, a fire! The Sunshine Forest is on a huge, firey, flamey fire!" The voice cried from the outside, knocking even louder. "You gotta do something quick, Flint! The forest is on fire!!!" Flint just adjusted his hat before strutting to the door and answering it.
"Geez!" Thomas sighed as he tried the doorknob. It wouldn't budge. "Who would lock their door in a village as peaceful as ours? Flint!!" Thomas started to yell again. Pulling on the doorknob as hard as he could, he tried to force the door open. It didn't work, but he did manage to fall over, pulling the doorknob off the door in the process. "Ah! The doorknob..." Thomas mused on the ground, staring at it thoughtfully. "Why'd you have to come off at a time like this?!" He frowned at it angrily. Just then, the door opened, and Flint stood above Thomas, looking down at him with an unamused expression.

This startled Thomas. He jumped up, so fast that he let the doorknob fly out of his hands and hit the dog house nearby, making the occupant, a small, brown dog named Boney, cry out in shock. Thomas sweat dropped. "Aah! Doorknob! ..I mean, Flint! This is no time to be dozing off! There's a huge fire in the Sunshine Forest!" He pointed north with his index finger. "Bad times like this call for reckless nice guys like you! Please come, Flint! Please!"

Flint put a reassuring hand on Thomas' back. "Of course." he said in a low, gruff voice. Thomas gave a sigh of relief. Walking behind him, he said, "Good. Thanks, Flint. I'll follow behind you. What? What's so wrong with that?" Thomas complained as Flint gave him a strange look. "I happen to like following behind people." Flint just shrugged and headed toward the village with his frantic friend in tow.

Making their way up, they stumbled across someone laying on the ground. Upon closer inspection, they realized with a jolt that it was Lighter! Hurrying over, Thomas shook the bigger man nervously. "Lighter! Hey, Lighter! You alright?" he tried, shaking him a little harder. Lighter came to. "Ah, Flint. Oh, and Thomas... D-damnit... *cough*" He started weakly, coughing loudly. "I tried to beat those things up, but more just kept coming'! I can't get past 'em!" he managed to get out before he went into a coughing fit. Thomas just looked at the thing that was squashed on the ground next to them worriedly. "What IS that thing, a bug?" he questioned, looking at it incredulously.

Lighter just coughed some more. "*cough cough* Dunno. They're going around the forest, lightin' fires. But nevermind that, Fuel's still at home!" he cried out the last part, obviously worried. Thomas gasped. "What?! Fuel's still in your shack? Flint!" Thomas turned to him, "You go help Fuel! I'll look after Lighter." Flint nodded and hurried off into the forest, more anxious than ever. But he didn't get far before he was attacked by the Fireflies. Although it wasn't a hard fight, he wasn't in very good shape after the battle was over. The fireflies had given him their all, and he didn't have much energy left. He went back to the hot spring before continuing, praying that Fuel was okay.

He reached the shack sooner than he had expected, but that was fine with him. What he didn't like was that the shack was on fire. He was about to look for him outside of the shack when he heard, "Help!!" from one of the windows. Slowly, unwillingly, Flint looked up to see Fuel struggling in the window on the second floor of the house. Grunting determinedly, he barged his way into the cabin, bent on helping Fuel, Flint ran upstairs. Fuel was on the other side of the room, and there was debris barring the path. Crouching, Flint dashed into and broke through it, and after grabbing Fuel and hauling him onto his back, he sprinted out of the cabin as fast as he damn well could.

"Ahh! I'm pitch black and covered in soot, but I'm alive!" Fuel said breathlessly as they watched Lighter's cabin burn to the ground. "Oh, you're pitch black too, Mr. Flint. Thank you, Mr. Pitch Black Flint! Thank you so so so much, Mr. Pitch Black Flint!" Fuel cheered enthusiastically for his hero, who just looked away and nodded. "Oh, yeah! We need to let my dad know I'm alright. He's probably worried sick!" he mused. Flint nodded and headed in the direction that Lighter and Thomas were, with Fuel following suit.
They actually made their way back to the Prayer Sanctuary, where Lighter was being tended to by numerous people. "Daad!" Fuel called out when he spotted him, and ran towards him. 'T-that voice... Is that you, Fuel?" Lighter said weakly in response. "What the.. what happened to you? You're pitch black and covered in soot!" he worried. "What about you, Dad? You busted your leg!" Fuel retorted. Lighter sighed. "What, this? This ain't nothin'! All I gotta do is twist this like so, then do this, and then..." His leg made an unpleasant crunch. "Oww oww oww! Damn it!" he sighed.

Thomas piped in, "Anyway, we sure are lucky that Flint came when he did." Everyone nodded. Flint had moved closer, and Lighter hesitated for a moment before saying, "...Thanks, Flint. Guess I showed my not-so-tough side, huh? I owe you one for today." He ended solemnly. A man nearby named Lou almost gasped. "That may be the first time I've ever heard the Boss thank anyone before." Another man with brown hair and overalls, whose name was Bronson, laughed. "Haha, I think you're right! The only thing that could make this any stranger is if it suddenly started pouring rain..."

Guess what happens next?

It started to rain.

"..And now it's started to rain."
Looking up, Ed, the plain-looking man next to them, was talking to himself moreso than anyone else. They all looked at Bronson, up at the sky, and then at each other. They could tell that everyone was thinking the same thing; you could easily read all of their faces.
How strange.

"Let's just hope the rain puts out the fire." Thomas said worriedly. They all nodded in agreement. Ed spoke up again. "We need to tend to Lighter. Let's all head back to the village for now." Mumbling agreements in unison, Bud and Lou, two men who worked under Lighter, heaved him up onto their shoulders and led the way back to Tazmily. Everyone followed, with Thomas and Flint bringing up the rear.
--
Once back in the village, the group promptly made their way to the Yado Inn, where Lighter could be treated. Climbing up the stairs was their biggest hazard; Bud tripped on the way up, nearly dropping Lighter and straining one of his injuries. Lighter winced but said nothing. Bud felt a pang of guilt and tried to go faster but more carefully. Eventually they made it up to the room they were in now, with Tessie having just finished patching Flint's few injuries up.
"There you are, Flint," she said softly, stepping back to admire her handiwork. Flint had a scrape on his chin, a small rip on his vest and a wrapped wrist, but he could have looke a lot worse. "All patched up." She made her way to a cabinet to put the first-aid supplies away. "It's a good thing you and Fuel only suffered minor injuries.," Thomas noted as he stood by Lighter, who was heavily bandaged but appeared to be fine for the moment. Everyone in the room, namely Tessie, Flint, Thomas, Lighter, Fuel and Ed, all nodded in unison. Tessie glanced out the window. "It's been awhile since Tazmily last had rain." She mused before turning back to Flint. "Flint. Please get some nice rest." she insisted. Flint only nodded before making his way to the door. "Thanks again, Mr. Flint!" Fuel called as he opened the door. Flint looked back. Fuel waved and Lighter just nodded weakly. Flint just adjusted his has before walking out of the room, and furthermore, out of the Inn.

He had barely closed the Inn's main door before he was assaulted with another voice. "Flint!" He turned. A man dressed like a lumberjack with a brown hat and glasses appeared as if from nowhere. He looked relieved to have found Flint. "Issac," Flint spoke, acknowledging his presence. "Perfect timing! I'd heard you were taking a rest here." He looked up before continuing. "...Mighty heavy rain, isn't it? Think I'll join you under the awning." He noted before moving closer to Flint, under the protection of the awning. Both men were silent for a moment, before Issac continued. "Flint, tell me..." He started hesitantly, almost as if he regretted coming up to the man. "...Have you seen Hinawa and the kids?" he asked, concerned. This took Flint aback. "..No, not since they left a couple of days ago." He stated bluntly. Issac looked away. "...I see." He turned to face Flint again. "Actually, I was picking mushrooms in the mountains earlier. While I was up there, I saw Hinawa for a moment. Then, when I was taking a break by the river, I heard loud roars in the distance." he looked down here, staring at his feet. "Sounded like a Drago roar... After that, I heard.... What I think... Might've been screams..." He pushed on, becoming more and more hesitant with every second that passed. He looked back up into Flint's eyes, which flickered with realization. "Say, Flint. Hinawa and the kids made it home, right?"

Flint just turned in the direction of his home. No, he hadn't seen them, at least not yet. But that didn't mean that they weren't there. Right? He suddenly broke into a run, heading straight home. No time like the present to find out.
--
Once he came close to the house, he could almost feel that they weren't there, and his heart practically fell out of his chest. He passed Boney's house, the occupant of which was still asleep, like nothing had happened. There weren't any lights on, no warm, welcoming smells of omelettes and oatmeal raisin cookies* to greet him, nothing. The only thing that he could see immediately wrong with this picture was the blue dove resting on the doorstep. Spotting a letter attached to it's leg, he unattached it and began to read it. His eyes widened as he recognized the handwriting at once.

Dear Flint,

Just like you said they would, the children have been running around the mountains and fields tirelessly since the moment we arrived.

Claus is as daring and full of energy as ever, while Lucas is still a bit coddled. But neither seems tired of playing at all.
My father seems sad to say goodbye to his grandchildren after seeing them for the first time in so long, but we should be home by this evening.
I had forgotten how nice and refreshing the mountain air is. You're always covered in the smell of sheep back in Tazmily, so I really wish you could have been here to take in this air.
The next time we visit, let's ask one of the neighbors to tend to the sheep so we can all come up here as a family.
Claus, Lucas, and I were always thinking about you. When we get home this evening, I'll start cooking some of your favorite omelettes right away.
With love,
Your Dearest Hinawa.

He found himself inside when he had finished reading the letter for the 5th time, making sure that it said 'this evening' and not 'tomorrow evening'. He heard heavy, hurried footsteps that he immediately recognized as Issac's. And sure enough, there came the man mentioned, followed by an anxious-looking Fuel. "Oh..." Issac mused, "They still aren't back? With all this rain, they could catch a cold." "I'll go find them!" Fuel burst out, desperately trying to soften the tense air that surrounded them. Issac just chuckled a bit, devoid of merriment. "They're probably taking shelter from the rain somewhere. It's getting late, so we should all go look for them. Let's get some of the other villagers to help too." Issac came up with the most sensible plan he could. Nodding to Flint, he made his way back out of the house.
Fuel turned to the man. "Okay, I'll go tell my dad then." He said solemnly before following Issac's footsteps. Flint remained there for a moment, lost in what to do. Should he stay, just in case they made it back to the house, or go search with the rest of the villagers? he let out a long, heavy sigh. Looks like searching was the only option.
Walking outside, he noticed Boney come out of his dog house and run up to him, tail wagging, but not in a playful kind of way. "Woof! Woof woof! (Please take me with you. I'm sure I'll be helpful." He pleaded with his eyes more than anything. Flint nodded vigorously, more than happy to have some company on the stormy, uncertain night. With Boney following behind him, Flint headed in the direction of the Sunshine Forest.
--

On the way there, he came up to the Prayer Sanctuary, where he saw Wess and Jonel standing outside talking to each other. Jonel looked slightly amused while Wess looked reproachful.
When Jonel caught sight of Flint, we waved. "Oh, there you are, Flint. I asked everyone to split up and search the forest for Hinawa." He informed him. Flint nodded gratefully. Then, Jonel looked away and muttered, "You've been blessed with true friends. That must be true happiness, in one sense." He then took off into the forest. Wess then turned to Flint. "I'd like to join the search, but they told me to stay here because I'm old. Seems nobody's aware of how strong I really am." He huffed, obviously angry. Flint felt kind of sorry for him. Everyone seemed to underestimate Wess and his son, Duster. Feeling kind of awkward, Flint mumbled a goodbye and headed into the forest.
--

The going was pretty easy. There were tons of monsters, but none of them were a match for Flint's strength and Boney's speed. They zoomed through the battles, swinging and biting and overall kicking the asses of Mighty Bitey Snakes and Mr. Batties alike. Flint was poisoned by one of them, but luckily, he had an Antidote on hand so he quickly used it. He silently thanked Nan for giving it to him not even a while ago.
They came up on the path that was used to get to Alec's house. Jackie, Tessie, Bronson and Beautau were all there. Bronson noticed them coming and motioned to the huge blockade that stood in their way; a couple of trees had been knocked down, convieniently blocking the path. "I can't believe my eyes... Just look at this, Flint... These huge trees were snapped right in two." He said, his words covered in disbelief. "How could such big trees get knocked over like this?" Bateau asked no one in particular. "There's one thing for sure. Whatever did this wasn't human? And no, it wasn't me!" he finished. Bronson just shook his head. "What do we do now? They have the path completely blocked... " "Actually, Hinawa and the kids might still be stuck out there, because of all these knocked down trees blocking the way." Jackie pointed out. They all looked down. "We should look for another way around..." Bronson said. "It's probably best if we split into a few groups." Beteau suggested. They all agreed, and a couple of groups wandered off.

Flint was about to head off too, when he heard a familiar voice. "Flint!!" Issac yelled. Flint and Bronson looked around to see Issac, Lighter, and Fuel arrive on the scene. "Have you found Hinawa and the kids?!" Lighter asked concern clear in his voice. "Lighter?" Bronson asked. "Are you sure you're okay enough to be out here?" "I'm always in good enough shape. Don't treat me like an injured clod." Lighter said hurriedly. He and Issac walked up to the pile of broken tree parts and started to push them out of the way. "You go on ahead, Flint." Lighter grunted. "We'll handle things here." Flint nodded, gratefully, before motioning for Boney to follow him deeper into the woods.
--

Not too much farther ahead, underneath the cliff face, they ran into Jonel again. His face was grim. "It's just a guess, but I'd say a Drago climbed up from here." He looked up, and FLint followed his eyes to some huge gashes in the cliff face. They did indeed look like Drago claw marks.

"But why would a Drago do something like this? They're such peaceful creatures..." Jonel mused, clearly disturbed by this. "I get the feeling that something bad is happening to the forest, the people, the animals, and me..." Flint couldn't agree more with the words that Jonel had just muttered. He was getting bad feelings too. Just then, Boney ran to the cliffside and vainly tried to climb up it, barking like mad and looking up the whole time. It looked as if he was reaching for something. Flint and Jonel looked confused for a moment. Boney gave up and walked back to Flint sullenly. he sat down and howled upward, in a certain direction. Then, Bateau's eyes widened. "L-look! Up there, hanging on that branch over there... There's a bit of red!" All three of them looked up in unison. Flint's eyes widened at what he saw.
Up on the cliff, on the branch of a dead tree, there was a torn scrap of what appeared to be part of Hinawa's dress.

Flint stared for a minute or two, unable to fathom the event that he was picturing in his mind. Wess grunted, not really grasping what it meant. "Damn littering people- don't they know how to throw away their trash?" He frowned and turned away. Flint just stared at him. After a few minutes, Wess began to realize what it meant. "Ah…" He turned back toward the Cliffside, slightly embarrassed. "I suppose we need to get up there, eh? No way anyone could climb a cliff that steep, though…" He frowned in thought, concentrating. He turned toward Boney, who whimpered in response.

Wess then turned back to Flint with an idea: "Hey, Flint. I have an idea, but I'll need to borrow Boney for a moment." Flint nodded his approval, stepping back and leaving Boney between the two. Boney cocked his head to one side, unsure of what exactly was going on. Wess pulled a sock and handkerchief out of his vest pocket and tied the handkerchief to Boney's neck. "Here, Boney, I need you to go and get my son. When he sees this cloth, he'll know what's going on." He held the sock out to Boney's nose, urging him to get a good whiff of it. "I know it's a little ripe-smelling, but this is the only thing I've got." Boney sniffed a few times and whimpered. "Arf… Arf arf. (Yes, that is pretty ripe…)" Sniffing the ground rapidly, Boney gave a loud bark before running into the general direction of the village. Wess turned to Flint, who was staring up the cliffside again. "Now all we can do is wait."

Boney raced through the village, barking madly. People he passed had to jump out of the way, and bystanders were confused and whispering amongst themselves. But Boney didn't have time to care. He was on a very important mission, and he would not fail!
Taking the corner at a blinding speed, he stopped just in time to avoid smashing into the door of Wess' house. Using his paws very carefully, he turned the knob and pushed the door open and scrambled inside, looking around wildly for Wess' son, Duster. Not seeing him, he discovered a flight of stairs and decided to check up them. Slowing down just enough to avoid tripping over the stairs, Boney bolted up.

Boney landed on the second floor, struggling to stop the rug he'd run onto from sliding. Jumping off, he spotted Duster laying on a bed nearby, snoring loudly. Boney barked at the sleeping form on the bed, but he didn't even flinch or move at the sound. Puzzled, Boney barked louder. Still, Duster did not wake. Boney barked and barked, but time and time again Duster snored right through it. Throuroughly tired of it, Boney gave up and tugged Duster off the bed by his pants, his head hitting the floor loudly. His eyes flew open, and he staggered to his feet.

"Ouch! Wha… Hey, what's a dog doing here?" Duster rubbed his head, puzzled. "Am I dreaming?" He asked Boney, as if expecting an answer. Boney just barked and leaned his neck toward him, the cloth shining in the light. Duster's face lit up with realization. "Oh, I see! Well then, lead the way, dog." Boney gave an irritated "Rrrr-Arf. (My name isn't dog, nitwit. It's Boney.)" before bolting down the stairs, leaving Duster to run after him in his wake.
Wess stared up at the sky, watching the stars shine in the vast darkness. "Where in the world is keeping those two…?" He wondered outloud. Not three seconds later, hasty steps could be heard, followed by the appearance of a tall man with a blue shirt limping as fast as he could toward them and a small brown dog leading the way. Once the two made it to where Wess and Flint were standing, they skidded to a stop, Duster breathing heavily.

Wess observed him for a moment, then smacked him on the head. "Took you long enough, moron. What were you doing, sleeping?" he scolded. Duster flinched and took a step back, rubbing his head. "Well, yes, but that's not the point. What is it that you needed me for?" Duster looked around Wess and saw Flint standing behind him. "Oh, hello, Flint." He said politely, getting a slight nod from Flint as a response. Wess just sighed.

"Sleeping, huh? Figures. Anyway, I need you to do what we've trained for just about your whole life." He looked at his son seriously. "Flint here needs to get up this here cliff, and you're going to help him." He stated. Both men looked up the cliff. Duster gulped, but nodded. "Right, I can do this." Fumbling around in his pockets, he found what he was looking for; his wall staples. "I'll use all the techniques you've shown me, Wess." Duster said before unleashing his wall staples into the cliff. One after another, he stuck them onto the cliff face at a rapid pace, with Wess, Flint, and Boney's stares burning his back.

Once he was safely atop the cliff, he called down to Flint. "Alright, here you go!" he shouted, gesturing to him to come up. Flint nodded and started climbing, while Boney followed him, showing tremendous paw skill. The pair reached the top of the cliff face in a matter of a few minutes. Flint stood up straight and grabbed the red cloth from the forlorn tree's grasp. He stared at it blankly for a few moments. And during these few moments, it stopped raining. Then without hesitation, he turned and headed forward. Duster held him back by the shoulder. "Flint?" The man didn't respond. Duster frowned. "Listen, Flint, I'd like to come along. Who knows, maybe this slightly handicapped man'll come in useful. You never know…" he trailed off, watching Flint's expression remain blank. For a few moments, all was still. Then Flint gave a small nod of acceptance and resumed his walk forward. Duster was taken aback a bit, but nevertheless followed diligently. Boney trotted after them.

Flint continued on to look for a way ahead, only to discover that the natural bridge the cliff had made was crumbled and useless. Flint stared at it blankly and Duster and Boney caught up with him. Duster sighed. "Looks like it's a no-go. We should probably head back." He said before starting toward the direction they'd come from, and Flint had no choice but to follow.

Once back at the base of the cliff, the trio caught sight of Thomas. "Oh, hey guys! Glad to see you're okay." He greeted lightly. "The trees have been cleared, so everyone has gone up ahead." He informed dutifully. Flint nodded and wasted no time in backtracking to where the trees once were, Duster and Boney at his heels. Before he reached it, however, he was stopped by Jonel, who looked eager to share his news. "Flint!" he called, panting as he came up to them. "We found the kids!" he exclaimed, and Flint felt the sweet rush of relief come over him. "It seems they fell into the river and ended up here." He said, smiling at Flint's noticeably more tranquil aura. "I'll look after Boney, you just go and see 'em now!" he said, taking Boney, who was whining, and stood beside a tree. Flint nodded and rushed up the path, more eager than ever to see his kids' faces.

When he got to the clearing, people were crowded against two small blankets with firey orange and sunny yellow hair peeking out of each one. Noticing Flint, they all pulled away one by one, leaving only the two blankets behind. As Flint approached, they turned, revealing the frightened faces of Lucas and Claus. "Dad…" Lucas whispered, and the three came at each other, hugging tightly. Claus remained quiet while Lucas sniffled a few times. Tessie came up to them with a tray. "Flint, I made some Innit tea. You should have some, it'll warm you up." She looked around at everyone else as well. "Everyone should take a break and get warm too." She said, passing the tray around to everyone.

After everyone had their tea, there was idle chit chat between everyone except Flint and the twins. Flint looked at his sons and noticed they were trembling. "….darn it….darn it…" Claus whispered over and over, while Lucas whimpered, "Mom….Mom…". He watched them like this for a few minutes, not sure what to do. Then he heard a voice call his name. "Flint!" It was Bronson, emerging from the trees north of them. All the adults gathered around him, eager to hear what he had to say. "Flint…" he started, "…I'm not sure what to say…I have good news, and I have bad news. Which do you want to hear first?" he asked, then rethought it and shook his head. "No, I'll tell you the good news first. The good news is… I found a Drago fang. It'll make a good weapon." He said. Flint stared at him blankly. Bronson withered under his gaze. "And the b-bad news…" Everyone gathered around him closely, "The bad news is where I found the Drago fang…" he looked away, trying to find the words to convey his point. He was visibly trembling, and Flint was anxious and had an inkling of a bad feeling. He, along with everyone else, waited for Bronson to elaborate. Bronson finally just opened his mouth and blurted out his bad news.

"I-it was pierced through your wife's heart."

DISCLAIMER: I do not own MOTHER 3 or any of the story herein. All copyrights go to Shigesato Itoi/HAL/APE/Nintendo/Whoever owns this awesome-ass game.
RATING: T for possible future violence and some mild language.
PAIRINGS: None at the moment.
WARNINGS: Watch out for the man-eating walrus behind you. A hurr hurr. Language and violence (none as of yet). Nothing too bad.

leap1

Iron
I will indeed, claim the writing and generalization but over all idea and basic information goes to Nintendo. I was in fact using this as a school project a long time ago. Now that I had lost access to my FanFiction.net account, I've deicided to continue my writings here.

leap1

Iron
Note: Please do, contact me if there is any errors or faults with this piece, I wish to further master my writing skills through edits and requests given to me by the people of the outside world. So Please do PM me if you have any ideas you would personally like to share with me. I will see what I can do. Thank you.

[LAST EDITED 5/19/2013 at 12:02 PM]

leap1

Iron
Have to like just for the Mother 3

Ofc, glad to see another fan other me, I adore the video game and its storyline. Mother 3 as Mr. Itoi had pronounced was the most unique and saddest of the Mother series in general. I fell in love with this game because it was completely extraordinary graphics and work of scripting its actions, just made my head spin over and over. The Game it self is a work of art, truthfully it is. That is why I had also tried starting a Novel, and English Novel in fact, along side the 2 Japanese Mother Novels, (Mother and Mother 2).

The Mother 3 video game, I believe being told from Mr. Itoi's blog, was suppose to be the complete end of the series altogether. This is why I suppose it having the most extreme and dramatic of causes in its events. The Sadness in the game can easily cause a player to cry in sorrow as it once did me, when I first played the game. What really questions me, is how come America did not accept this games storylines, only taking the middle copy Earthbound (Mother 2). It ruined the series for Americans, to enjoy a wonderful Role Play....

Well this is getting a bit long, so I will just say, thank you for taking your time in reading this.
Any Suggestions by chance?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Any Suggestions by chance?
As far as the story goes we both know I can't suggest anything on that end.
All I have to say is why name the bow Lighter? Surely there's a good name that doesn't get confused with a character, no? If anything I'd say come up with something to match the Lighter/Fuel naming.
Also, good luck with char RP since the ending has no explanation at all of what happens to much of anything. Going to have to draw a line somewhere in the canon for it to make sense.

leap1

Iron
As far as the story goes we both know I can't suggest anything on that end.
All I have to say is why name the bow Lighter? Surely there's a good name that doesn't get confused with a character, no? If anything I'd say come up with something to match the Lighter/Fuel naming.
Also, good luck with char RP since the ending has no explanation at all of what happens to much of anything. Going to have to draw a line somewhere in the canon for it to make sense.

True, I had lost general track in some of the naming. The Bow was given from Lighter, and thus named it after himself, but a more fictional name can be of use.

Also Drawing an end of a line, well this is a draft, I am possibly going to continue this along side with more Mother 3 dialogue and outside input from others. Then again, the game never really had a true ending.

I have edited the bow's name to Požární střelec which means "Fire shooter" in Czech.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I have edited the bow's name to Požární střelec which means "Fire shooter" in Czech.
Cool. Would have suggested name as "Flame" because of Lighter and Fuel but out of context it seemed unoriginal... but that works.

leap1

Iron
Cool. Would have suggested name as "Flame" because of Lighter and Fuel but out of context it seemed unoriginal... but that works.

Quite Right, Am I also working on a Role Play Thread in another section if you're interested in helping along with that. I happen to be recruiting Role Players who have someone type of writing experience and well bounded idea's from the top of their bright minds. If not I understand but, I'm going to leave a link just in case you change your mind.

Link: http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/the-tower-of-shadows.38323/